• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow coris wrasse

Wtb a yellow coris wrasse, anybody have any leads on where one may be in stock in nj? Closer to brick 08723 the better.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I prefer buying fish locally but have had great success ( or luck) buying most of mine online- I've bought close to 3 dozen and currently have over 2 dozen in 4 tanks- only problem I ever had was internal parasites- Pazipro took care of that

I prefer buying fish locally but have had great success ( or luck) buying most of mine online- I've bought close to 3 dozen and currently have over 2 dozen in 4 tanks- only problem I ever had was internal parasites- Pazipro took care of that
Unfortunately I'm almost never available to accept the deliveries from online. Locally just works better for me

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Most are sent overnight and are fine for a few hours unattended- UPS also offers a hold/pickup at a local facility-all my tanks are smaller- under 40g, so I look for fish to fit the tank, and something different for each as much as possible- LFS seem to carry the same ol same ol or bigger higher priced fish- I do love my yellow coris. sleeps 12 hrs a day- freaked me out at first

Most are sent overnight and are fine for a few hours unattended- UPS also offers a hold/pickup at a local facility-all my tanks are smaller- under 40g, so I look for fish to fit the tank, and something different for each as much as possible- LFS seem to carry the same ol same ol or bigger higher priced fish- I do love my yellow coris. sleeps 12 hrs a day- freaked me out at first
My experience in the past has been good with online purchases, but as many members I've done business with on here know my days aren't set schedules and I can end up home at 11am or 11pm I never know. Hurricane Ida had me out from 2am to 9pm for example. So it's just easier for myself and safer for the animals to not take the risks at all.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
My experience in the past has been good with online purchases, but as many members I've done business with on here know my days aren't set schedules and I can end up home at 11am or 11pm I never know. Hurricane Ida had me out from 2am to 9pm for example. So it's just easier for myself and safer for the animals to not take the risks at all.
I get it. My schedule is flexible enough to be around for deliveries. Knowing that it'***** or miss with any lfs and both are around a 35 minute drive is a pain- I'm a "I want it all, and I want now" ( Queen reference lol). I'm keeping my cc locked up for a while, until I get the 75g up and running-unless, of coarse, I find something in 'deals and steals' here

I get it. My schedule is flexible enough to be around for deliveries. Knowing that it'***** or miss with any lfs and both are around a 35 minute drive is a pain- I'm a "I want it all, and I want now" ( Queen reference lol). I'm keeping my cc locked up for a while, until I get the 75g up and running-unless, of coarse, I find something in 'deals and steals' here
I can relate. The deals and steals kill me. I've added somewhere in the 20ish range of corals and frags over the last 2 weeks lol. Might have a problem. My tank is coming along now though, it'll be 1 year old on the 19th.20211008_142634.jpg20211008_142619.jpg

That tank looks awesome! You still got a few inches of sand in the front middle there. Time for more frags!

Salgado's had yellow coris for awhile. Sea Level's had them in the past month also, but not sure right now. Unfortunately, neither are that close to you but if you're in the area....

That tank looks awesome! You still got a few inches of sand in the front middle there. Time for more frags!

Salgado's had yellow coris for awhile. Sea Level's had them in the past month also, but not sure right now. Unfortunately, neither are that close to you but if you're in the area....
Thanks! That open sand spot in the front is because of the jawfish. If something gets put there it'll also get buried lol.
Thanks for the tip on salgados but it's just a bit too far for me. I actually had picked one up in the past from sea level. Beautiful and healthy fish unfortunately he missed the sand bed one night when he was diving in the sand to sleep and messed his mouth up on the live rock under the sand. Very sad. He's the one getting replaced.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I didn't know they were jumpers, a pink damsel harasses everything in the dt- the coris would occasionally break water but held it's own. A couple of days ago I thought that it went to sleep a bit early, never saw it the next day- found it on the floor. Will replace it when I get the 75 g up

I didn't know they were jumpers, a pink damsel harasses everything in the dt- the coris would occasionally break water but held it's own. A couple of days ago I thought that it went to sleep a bit early, never saw it the next day- found it on the floor. Will replace it when I get the 75 g up
Sad how they jump like that but glad to hear your planning another. Beautiful fish, I hope I get one again soon. I just had a yasha goby jump a few days ago. Idk how it fit through the screen top but it did.