• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow tang 300$ OBO edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvin

NJRC Member
I had this yellow tang for almost three years. The purple tang suddenly turned on him after getting along fine for years. I have to let the yellow go unfortunately. 300$ OBO.

It is about 4-5 inches big. Very healthy and active. I held him in the sump for a while so he is little pale in his face but otherwise healthy.

Let me know if any questions

20220106_141713.jpg

Salted

NJRC Member
Shame that you have to re home it. Assuming the yellow and purple are your only two tangs, have you considered adding a third zebrasoma to the mix?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The purple is a pita. Once it has something in sight it can’t be distracted. I’ve tried

Salted

NJRC Member
The purple is a pita. Once it has something in sight it can’t be distracted. I’ve tried
My purple was the same way when I added my gem. The kole was fixated on its reflection in the mirror but the purple didn’t care. Took some work but I have harmony now.

arvin

NJRC Member
Shame that you have to re home it. Assuming the yellow and purple are your only two tangs, have you considered adding a third zebrasoma to the mix?
Don't know about that. This guy is just relentless. You can see in the video. He is like 24×7 right outside the qt box. I have mirrors too. But this guy is not giving up.

Salted

NJRC Member
My purple was too. In your case it could have just as easily gone the other way. Yellows can get nasty. If you want to keep the yellow, I'd suggest sumping to pt for a week or two and rearranging your rock work if you can, then re introduce. So I'm not guessing, you just have the pt and yt in your 180? I'll direct you to this thread for ideas but each fish is an individual and has a mind of it's own; Tang Aggression - Understanding and Combating.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Dude. I had a gem tang trying to introduce into my 180. With a yellow , dussumeri , purple and Achilles.
I left in qt box for 3 weeks. With a mirror to distract. They attacked themselves then when after qt box.
When I released that fish. They were doing a prison sandwich with the gem in the middle. Even with the mirrors Tangs are relentless. Purple and powder blues are known to hold grudges. They will attack the fish every time. I put the gem in my frag tank and I was able to scoop out with my hand cause he was so lifeless and just floating at the top with no fins. Brutal.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
He has been happy in frag for past 4 mths and grew back fins and everything

always have had difficulties with yellows. whenever I hit 3 they will single one out. they say 5 is the magic number. probably I'd rather just get rid of my yellows. for now I've just put 1 yellow in every tank. I have three if op wants to buy some or all

arvin

NJRC Member
My purple was too. In your case it could have just as easily gone the other way. Yellows can get nasty. If you want to keep the yellow, I'd suggest sumping to pt for a week or two and rearranging your rock work if you can, then re introduce. So I'm not guessing, you just have the pt and yt in your 180? I'll direct you to this thread for ideas but each fish is an individual and has a mind of it's own; Tang Aggression - Understanding and Combating.
Trust me, I tried everything by the book. I also saw this link before. I am only worried if I add the yellow again, he is not going to come out alive. He is better off in someone else's tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.