• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zero Nitrates, Phosphates at .25

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I just did a water change yesterday, tested today and found this- haven't tested in a few weeks and had been dosing NoPox and running Phosguard- stopped the nopox and dosed with PhosE today. last time this happened I ended up with an outbreak of red slime. Is there any way to get my nitrates back up without also upping the phosphates

Rueric

NJRC Member
when you dose nitrates, your phosphates will also go down, so just make sure you continue to test both

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have a lifetime supply of nitrates you’re welcome to some. No need to rush though. When dosing nopox, you have to monitor nitrate and phosphate.

you can also order potassium nitrate from here:

That's how I end up with a lifetime supply. It costs $3/lb but probably $10 of shipping.

I can give you the formula if you want to mix it yourself.

I have a lifetime supply of nitrates you’re welcome to some. No need to rush though. When dosing nopox, you have to monitor nitrate and phosphate.

you can also order potassium nitrate from here:

That's how I end up with a lifetime supply. It costs $3/lb but probably $10 of shipping.

I can give you the formula if you want to mix it yourself.
Exactly what I was going to say