• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Back to my first saltwater tank

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
That’s a heck of a “fix”
That what I get for over reacting. I couldn't get the pi booted so I jumped to thinking the issue was with the card. I wipe the unit and still couldn't get it to boot. After trying a differernt pi and still unable to boot I tried a different power cable (which should had been my first thing to try) it booted up with no issues lol

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So today I got my 'care package' from @Philadelphia Aquatics. They, without me asking, replace the two frags I lost on my last order. They sent me another birdnest and a unknow acro. They seem to be doing better then the first set already.

My numbers are not prefect but are better than last time. SG - 1.025/1.026. Cal - 500, Mag - 1500, Alk - 9.0. Now that I got my sg and alk in range and stable I am going to focus on the cal and mag.

IMG_20180404_174240.jpg IMG_20180404_174253.jpg

So today I got my 'care package' from @Philadelphia Aquatics. They, without me asking, replace the two frags I lost on my last order. They sent me another birdnest and a unknow acro. They seem to be doing better then the first set already.

My numbers are not prefect but are better than last time. SG - 1.025/1.026. Cal - 500, Mag - 1500, Alk - 9.0. Now that I got my sg and alk in range and stable I am going to focus on the cal and mag.

View attachment 19214 View attachment 19215
Has your one acros polyps always been in like that?

yes but they are starting to come out now that my levels are better

Awesome! I was going to ask about flow because sometimes if flow isn't high or variable enough you wont see much polyp extension.

The unknown acro looks a little unhappy. I see a little white in it. Hopefully it's just from the dip! lol

Glad everything got there ok. Let us know if you need anything and as last time you can call the shop. We're around and will be up late so don't hesitate to call!!

Happy reefing!!

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Awesome! I was going to ask about flow because sometimes if flow isn't high or variable enough you wont see much polyp extension.

The unknown acro looks a little unhappy. I see a little white in it. Hopefully it's just from the dip! lol

Glad everything got there ok. Let us know if you need anything and as last time you can call the shop. We're around and will be up late so don't hesitate to call!!

Happy reefing!!

I noticed that too but saw it in the dip so was thinking it from the dip or shipping (think more dip) hoping it bounce back.

Thanks

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
well crap. I was just looking at my tank and the new corals and bam I see a white chunk on the birdnest. I am like WTH not again. Then I see my yellow goby go up and take a big chunck right where the white spot is. I took the birdnest off the rock and put it in a container with holes inside the tank. Now go to see if I want to try and catch the goby or what. Will keep an eye on him more to see if he goes after the other two

well crap. I was just looking at my tank and the new corals and bam I see a white chunk on the birdnest. I am like WTH not again. Then I see my yellow goby go up and take a big chunck right where the white spot is. I took the birdnest off the rock and put it in a container with holes inside the tank. Now go to see if I want to try and catch the goby or what. Will keep an eye on him more to see if he goes after the other two
Haha....I (paul) can't help but laugh a little. This hobby always has something to throw at us. I laugh mostly because I'm picturing what my reaction would be if I saw this. I'd lose it. The battle of paul vs goby would begin. I think you need a second tank for acros and keep this one for you homie goby!! You should get a video of this polyp thief!! I think people would appreiate it.

FYI....we're running low on birds of paradise and acros with white polyps :rolleyes:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Haha....I (paul) can't help but laugh a little. This hobby always has something to throw at us. I laugh mostly because I'm picturing what my reaction would be if I saw this. I'd lose it. The battle of paul vs goby would begin. I think you need a second tank for acros and keep this one for you homie goby!! You should get a video of this polyp thief!! I think people would appreiate it.

FYI....we're running low on birds of paradise and acros with white polyps :rolleyes:

Ha funny I was just thinking that. I have a 10g tank sitting in my office at work (a co-worker was gonig to trash it) Was thinking of setting that up for these sps but I don't really have the extra lighting or space (even for a 10g) for another tank.

Well if your running low just send them to me and I will get you the prefect white birdnest and acros around lol. Can start my own business selling them lol. :grin:

Ha funny I was just thinking that. I have a 10g tank sitting in my office at work (a co-worker was gonig to trash it) Was thinking of setting that up for these sps but I don't really have the extra lighting or space (even for a 10g) for another tank.

Well if your running low just send them to me and I will get you the prefect white birdnest and acros around lol. Can start my own business selling them lol. :grin:
LMAO Yeah man you'll be a pro!! haha. I'm glad you'e taking it lightly. You have to be able to laugh at this crap that happens sometimes. It's a learning experience one, and two nature is funny how it continues to show its relentlessness. Especially to reefers!! All good, If you can snatch that bugger they should be fine, if not, well....They'll be full. That nest is insanely fuzzy when open I'm sure gobymonster will love it