• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Back to my first saltwater tank

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So I am sitting here thinking that I might break this tank down. I just noticed my other acro (that been in the tank for 6+ months now) is starting to turn white and my one hammer seems to be odd to me (not my new gold one but my other one one head colors seem off to me and doesn't get as full as it used to). This tank has not gone the way I planned (which I know things never do). Also seem that I putting in money to get it where I think it should be but it not getting there. I am trying to save for a house so I shouldn't be dropping more and more money on this tank I feel. Just don't know because I know if I break it down I will totally miss it

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Get all the facts before making that decision.

I understand your frustration with the need to save money. Been there done that. I'm currently in a similar situation. I have been out of work and on disability since December 20th 2017. Until about 3 weeks ago I was starting to feel better and trying to get myself on track to get back to work. Then I started having additional medical issues. I am just so frustrated. I just want to feel better and get back to work! On top of all that money issues! Of course, disability payments are always lower than your normal paychecks from working and slow! We are currently looking at mortgage options. Since we are currently behind 2 months. So now I am not only worried about my medical issues we are having financial issues. Which is probably why my medical issues got worse. STRESS!

Just hang in there. This to shall pass!

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So my ICP test came in today. As always @Philadelphia Aquatics did a good job with packaging. Right off the bat I will admit I am not liking this ICP test.

IMG_20180417_192906.jpg
I open the box and there only four items in the bag (I knew this was a 1 test kit so not a big deal) A test tube, label for tube, mailing evenlope with return address on it (nothing else), and a simple card.

IMG_20180417_192931.jpg IMG_20180417_192956.jpg

The card didn't have much information beside "Register Online, fill sample, ship" I didn't catch that the name was also the URL so I figured I had to download an QR reader to scan that tinny QR code. I scan the code and then realize it went to the site with was the label at the top.

I created an account (simple to do). Set my tank information up (simple to do) and it gives me a unique tank id and say 'put this on the label for the test kit after getting sample'. I look at the label and no place does it ask for a tank id, just a tank name (which is where I put the ID number). It then said mail them the sample and they will let me know when the results are up. I get the sample (assuming I need to fill the tube cause it never said how much) and put it in the enevelope. I seal the enevelope and notice there no pre-paid postage. I was lucky enough to have stamps laying around but I didn't know how many I needed so I put two on just to be safe.

Not sure what I was expecting but I was expecting better directions I guess.

I will mail it out tomorrow moring and let you guys know what I get back