• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Group Coral Growout

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Deep waters sounds good. I wouldn't mind a few chalices either. One more small suggestion would be to label the bags with numbers. In this case 1-18. It was a little difficult for me having 3 sets to know what was what after they went in the coolers. That being said this was an awesome experience and when my wallet says its ok I'm in for another!

Maybe at some point we can throw some pictures up of each colony that we got so that if anyone looses anything we have something to refer back to. Maybe even put some names to some stuff if its still possible. I'm still sorting through what I got and mounting pieces on plugs. A number of my bags had multiple smaller pieces than I am.mounting seperately so ill have some spares.

Pics of corals in a few weeks is a great idea. That night was crazy and I could only account t for 17 of the 18 colonies. No big deal but if I could see what was missing and someone has the mother colony with a frag to spare, cool. All in all I am loving the whole experience. Next time with water and bags I will bring a few sharpies! Lol.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Ill get some pictures later but I have the very thin branched one that everyone got multiple frags of and the get thick branched pink one

Here are most of mine
2a6eqe7a.jpg

I am up to go in for a frag saw. As long as you can house it!
Cool. Housing it will be no problem. I finished taking down that huge work bench you saw where my sump is. Clean wall :). I started cutting 2x4's to build the tank stands and benches and wall to close it in.

So far everything from the group buy is doing great. I only lost 1 piece to war( sailfin decided to play fetch with the smaller millie frag and dropped itright on the chalice) could use a piece of the smaller millie when ever possible but no hurry. I have 2 colonies. White to yellow with neon green polyps.Developing darker tips in my tank. both re doing great and are already showing signs of healing on the cuts.

Rreally need to figure some namesout for some of these lol.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Lost one :( , I believe it is the same one that Classklown lost. It's the thicker branched brown one. Anybody has that colony or a large enough frag to frag me one, that would be great.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Lost one :( , I believe it is the same one that Classklown lost. It's the thicker branched brown one. Anybody has that colony or a large enough frag to frag me one, that would be great.

I have the colony of one of the thicker branched ones. Ill get a picture tomorrow when the lights are on to see if its the one.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Here's the one I'm talking about. Sorry it's not the best picture. It's tough with the cell phone under the LEDs.
u2ane4up.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Of course man that's why we spread them out. I will let you know when I get a chance to frag it.