• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Group Coral Growout

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Mike. Lets shoot for some deep water acros

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I threw away that heater. ( after cracking it with a hammer. Dance

Edwin! What did you do? You hit your heater with a hammer??? I’m going to come over there and confiscate all tools from you. Geewiz, city boy! :grin: I do have to ask…..what were you trying to hit with the hammer when you hit your heater?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I meant to hit the heater. Lol.

The darn thing fried my corals. I had set to 71. And it took the tank all the way 88!!!! On the First night.

Edwin! What did you do? You hit your heater with a hammer??? I’m going to come over there and confiscate all tools from you. Geewiz, city boy! :grin: I do have to ask…..what where you trying to hit with the hammer when you hit your heater?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LMAO…..(sorry for your loss)……I read this as if you were doing something, and accidentally hit the heater with a hammer.

I thought you had a controller??? Maybe Reef Angel?

Edwin, happy to oblige but I will not be doing anything till I start to see corals showing encrusting of cuts and on plugs. I feel that with all they have been through another 2 weeks would be best. At that time I am happy to cut from what I have extra.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
You know you can come any time Edwin. And Paul you can still go confiscate all his tools. It's for his own good....haha

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Ed, I'll let you know once my colony is up and ready. dont want to cut into it just yet.

I split up several of the the pieces. Once they heal I can hook you up. I dipped all of mine last week and they really seem to doing well.

How's everyone.doing? All my stuff is encrusted and growing and the full colors have come.out on most. I've started attaching what I like to.rocks so I can weed through what I don't like, which is not much lol

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Everything is doing very well for me. Cuts are healed and things are starting to encrust. Most have colored up very nicely and a few are still coloring up more everyday.

I might be the only one that still has them in QT. I can say mine are not coloring up because of that. Though most should make the move this weekend to the DT.

I have lost 2 frags also but to coral war. So far everything else i have is doing awesome. encrusting and coloring up nicely. The 2 colonies in my possesion are doing awesome. all the cuts on the redish/brown with blue tips are compltely blue with polyps everywhere. The yellowinsh with neon green polyps and now with blue tips is also growing nicely all cuts have a blueish hue with neon polyps everywhere. I have one that i had to move way low on the light column. It was almost white when we got it. with slightly purpleish tips. Since i moved it, it has developed deeper purple tips and turning slightly yellow instead of white.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Austyn, the yellowish one with neon tips sounds like the one i lost, if you dont mind cutting me up a frag. that would be great.

Of the ones I have I am starting to see encrusting, the greens seem to be thriving as are the 2 Millie frags. The acros that have a thick body and are blue at tips are not as blue. The best one is the blue acro that is thin and has a scallop cup around each polyp. Kept the blue color nice and has wonderful polyp extension. Night time all have polyps out. So overall coming along, lost some blue color but that could be due to lighting, time and getting adjusted to water parameters.

Well I finally got my corals moved into the DT. OMG, I am packed. Not even sure how I could possibly fit another thing in there. Over flow here I come. Anyway the corals look pretty good. I did lose a good amount of color since the QT light was a bit lacking. And I also lost one frag and the small milli is about 3/4 gone also. The frag I lost I couldn't begin to tell you which one. I did notice that in the weeks that they were in QT almost all of the cuts have healed over with no sign of injury. Now I'll see how they fair with proper lighting.

You aren't kidding. I'm not going to have any room once these start growing out. I really need to set up a permanent frag tank plumbed into my system. Everything seems to be doing very well.

Well guys.. bad news. I just got an email today from the company I used to get this shipment. It was the last one from them. They dissolved the company today due to internal partner problems. So I'm glad we got it when we did. But... I still have my Bali and Jakarta contacts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thank sucks. But at least me made out. In not even sure I can even handle another buy anytime soon. Haha.