• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Infamous Movie & TV Lines... Guess and win the pickle

"You're gonna listen to me? To something I said? Hasn't it become abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know ****?"

Anyone?

edited profanity (bad boy!)

NapoliNewJersey said:
"You're gonna listen to me? To something I said? Hasn't it become abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know ****?"

Anyone?

edited profanity (bad boy!)

Mall rats ;D

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
or
"you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."
or
"If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

{this one should be really easy but it made me laugh just typing it out!}

JohnS_323 said:
"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
or
"you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."
or
"If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

.... I am most ashamed. I felt like I knew the first one, so I google-cheated. My geek pride hurts for not recognizing it!

*frisbee sepuku*

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
kathainbowen said:
JohnS_323 said:
or
or

.... I am most ashamed. I felt like I knew the first one, so I google-cheated. My geek pride hurts for not recognizing it!

*frisbee sepuku*

LOL! Of all people, I really expected you to get it!

Man - I can't believe I've been away to miss this useless (but humorous) thread! I did something really dumb...that would be slip on some steps and badly hurt my back. Luckily nothing broke - just on massive painkillers and finally able to get to a desk/pc. It was weird - like I was living the life of someone who had severe arthritis or something.

Anyways - my guess on this one is that this is another Brit movie...Monty Pythons Search for the Holy Grail?? The holy hand grenade or what is your favorite color or we are the knights of kn also ring a bell...

...i thought sepuku was the japanese sengoku tradition of taking a small sword and gutting oneself...i guess i'm missing the humor but I imagine trying that with a frisbee would be amusing to watch...lol.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Arrrrggggg, I had Monty Python on the tip of my fingers but couldn't spit it out.

he should have used a more obscure quote - like "did you mean an african or european swallow"? "I dont know....aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes indeed, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And if anyone is interested, I can write out the enitre manuscript start to finish!

i have to meet you then...my wife thinks i'm crazy for loving that movie...I can prove to her that another sane adult male actually likes the movie. lol.

midnight run - now that was another classic...deniro was hilarious.

I'm going to use this one word quote- I think it's obvious - but perhaps not...

"INCONCEIVABLE!"

It involved a giant...

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
phil519 said:
he should have used a more obscure quote - like "did you mean an african or european swallow"? "I dont know....aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Oh I could have gotten really obscure. Maybe "Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade"