• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Walking dead

I think im okay with the cram because I like to divulge into the subplots during the commericals, but I am satisfied with "not knowing" or having to read abour it on a wiki instead. I think also that by doing 5 mins of this and that, they open up to a larger audience. I would rather miss a filler episode focused on a subplot. The way it is now gives me a little bit of everything and I feel like I neither missed out or wasted my time watching a scene I didnt think was important to the main plot.

You said you couldn't entertain sub plot between Meryl and Darryl though. Ha devils advocate

Sent from my galaxy s4

I think im okay with the cram because I like to divulge into the subplots during the commericals, but I am satisfied with "not knowing" or having to read abour it on a wiki instead. I think also that by doing 5 mins of this and that, they open up to a larger audience. I would rather miss a filler episode focused on a subplot. The way it is now gives me a little bit of everything and I feel like I neither missed out or wasted my time watching a scene I didnt think was important to the main plot.

Personally, I feel like the constant switching back and forth between character's and storylines is what prevents me from really being engrossed in the show. I feel like we never get to delve deep into any character to see the different facets of their personality.

Anybody watch Boardwalk Empire? There was one episode last season where Nucky finds some stash house where a crew hid liquor stolen from him. All he finds there is a teenager involved with the crew, he says little. Nucky is sure to kill, but then the cops show up and Nucky hides in the basement with the teenager until the cops leave the next morning. Through the night, they chatted, bonded almost. Then sunrise comes and Nucky still shoots the kid right in the head. He stole, that's a line you don't cross.

That moment, that episode, showed a real glimpse of who Nucky was, and who he is now. In earlier seasons, one might have not expected Nucky to do that as he was softer, but this signaled a true change to full on gangster, no more hiding under the corrupt official title.

Anyways, the connection is that episode was spent with 1 character and it showed something that otherwise I think viewers would never have gotten to see. A similar story could have been implemented with Rick and the crazy lady in the woods. Why could they not spend the whole episode exploring the difference between Rick and those who are less fortunate, living unprotected, like the crazy lady? Then instead of abruptly ending it with the weird, lame attempt to kill Rick and then having her commit suicide, why not have had Rick feeling positive about doing the right thing, saving someone, bring her back to the prison. Except as they are getting near to the prison, they could have killed her then. Build up that character all episode, make us feel for her, make me feel happy for Rick to accomplish something he feels good about, then they kill her and everyone goes "AHHHH BUT I LIKED HER!!!!", instead of leaving me wondering why the woman even bothered to try to kill Rick if she was just going to haphazardly wave at him once and give up.

The Walking Dead gets so close to giving the viewer a truly engrossing, real, deep story and then they ruin it, in my eyes at least, by throwing in abrupt endings to tie up the loose plot lines. Basically I want more of "The Road" type desperation and darkness to be shown in these characters. It's the zombie apocalypse, not a camping trip.

am i the only one that thought last night's episode was amazing?

I don't know if I'd say amazing, but it was certainly solid. I'd say B+.

I also watched Boardwalk Empire last night and every Sunday and nothing on cable comes close to that show for quality acting and writing. That show is just SOOO good that imo it's the benchmark for quality TV right now.

They, predictably, killed a lot of the newbies none of cared about and the scene with Carol and the kids watching their Dad die was atrocious, but those are my only two real complaints for the episode. I don't get the whole lets kill a nobody for no reason thing. It literally means NOTHING when they kill off people like that. I don't want to see people die for no reason. I want to want them to live and then see them die. Make me have a connection to one of these bums before they get ripped to shreds, ya know? When was the last time somebody that mattered died? Andrea? She was basically irrelevant from the moment she decided to stay at Woodbury.

On the good side, things appear to be taking a darker turn, as I had hoped. Rick is clearly working through some stuff right now still as evidenced by his blank look while luring the walkers away from the fence with the piglets. He also gives Carl his gun back, signifying the end of the we're safe here and you're gonna be a normal kid stuff that we all knew wouldn't last.

I still would like to see one of Carl or Rick die this season. Personally, I think it'd work better in the story if Rick died and Carl grew into a colder, more efficient Rick role, but the actor is only 14, so it'd be difficult to age him enough to make him a realistic leader of the group.

Mind blasting fact: the girl, Beth Greene, played by Emily Kinney (The younger girl who sings pretty nice). Is 28 years old. WTF

Oh my god fyke thats crazy shes such a good actress lol.

The killing spree to me just meant to link together certain bonds. For example, the dad dying and passing it over to carol meant for me that thjs season we would see carol forgiving herself fully for her daughters death and take care of the two girls, essentially letting the audience know that these two will play out longer. I think that Karens death is to get the dominoes rolling on her boyfriend who we have already seen that he doesnt know where he feels in the group.

Anyone curious on mishonnes(?) And the baby scene? Think she had one and lost it or couldnt have one at all?

I don't think I'm the only happy to have seen Carol go. Hopefully that's the last we'll see of her in the series. She was THE WORST actor/actress in the show. Every scene with her seemed forced. I cringed every time she had a heart to heart with the young blonde girl. The one she had with her through the glass was awful, as expected. I don't know if the writers don't know how to write for her character or what, but every time she has a few lines at once, it sounds like it was written by a chimp on a typewriter and recited by a 12 year old.

Overall the episode was average. Of the two storylines, the Carol-Rick adventure was more interesting. Was a good look at Rick and where his head is right now. I think he's realizing things can never and will never be like it was before and he knows now what needs to be done. At the same time, he refuses to kill the living, as to do that would be to completely give in and imo, we'll never see Rick do that. As evidenced by the fact that he waits for the stoner with his watch to come back....yeah, his gf was legless and being eaten in the driveway, I'm sure he's ok though, LOL. Still unsure how they both managed to die when they both had handguns. It's unbelievable to me that those two had made it this far into the zombie apocalypse and can't kill a zombie with ease.

I really wish they'd stop killing characters 5 mins after we meet them though, it's my biggest complaint with the show. Take the time and give the characters some depth and show us something we can relate to....then kill them.

I'm with ya on the killing characters too soon but I disagree with the whole Carol thing. I think she's a good actress, she plays her part really well. As for her character, I'm pissed that he booted her, he's gonna realize how much crap she did for the group and now that's gone. Yes, I know Tyreese probably would have killed her if he found out but let it happen, don't kick her out bc she was tryna help the rest of the group. Rick was protected her by letting her go, but at the same time was mad at her so its kind of a bittersweet moment for rick.

I'm with ya on the killing characters too soon but I disagree with the whole Carol thing. I think she's a good actress, she plays her part really well. As for her character, I'm pissed that he booted her, he's gonna realize how much crap she did for the group and now that's gone. Yes, I know Tyreese probably would have killed her if he found out but let it happen, don't kick her out bc she was tryna help the rest of the group. Rick was protected her by letting her go, but at the same time was mad at her so its kind of a bittersweet moment for rick.

I mean, I thought her scenes were cringe-worthy they were so bad. What was her big line tonight? We all change? It would have sounded better coming from the kid than from her. It sounded weak, it sounded like she was just hiding her insurmountable fear that she's still as useless as she was when she was just the chick who wouldn't call her abusive husband out(which she was/is). I mean, she killed the two people to stop the spread of the disease? She's probably the one that gave it to everyone since she obviously got blood all over herself, as seen by the hand-print Rick stops to look at...and I don't think they have any purell at the prison. Between that and her kicking over the water container(probably the most important supply for all the sick people), she's weak, she's lame, she contradicts herself about how she does stuff for herself, but she's clearly all hung up on the little blonde girl since she's still in denial about Sophia; she just has no depth. I feel like Rick made the right choice booting her though. Tyreese is insane right now and the rest of the group isn't going to want to feel like they have to look over their shoulder the moment they feel weak or ill./rant

Only other complaint about the episode was the really weird confrontation between Bob and Daryl. What was that? It looked more like two drunks arguing outside a bar. It was too odd for me, seemed unrealistic. Didn't Bob's bag have some meds in it too though? I mean, I thought that was the reason he was fighting so hard for it. Weird that the writers threw this oddity in after the little convo Bob and Daryl have while getting the car running, which I thought was a good snapshot of Bob's backstory. It showed his flaws and that's always something people can relate to. All Bob has to do is come back with a strong effort to help the group over the next episode or two, THEN KILL HIM WHEN I FEEL FOR HIM. PLEASE!! lol.

Lastly, where the hell is the governor? Tyreese brought up Michonne's vandetta in the episode, but what's going on with that? Is that it, he's gone? After all that he just slinks away in defeat? Seems out of character. Maybe we see him soon?

I dunno, I feel differently about Carol Lol. But that could go on for awhile, I see some rights and some wrongs so we'll just leave it at that. As for the Governor, oh he'll be back alright lol

Crazy finale, Rick seems confident they will escape from the train car and Terminus.

***THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS A SPOILER ALERT***

Yeah after biting joes throat out, I have confidence in him. Rick has certainly changed for the better (in this world) since the prison

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I thought the episode was good. Not great. I was expecting some people to die, not watch flashbacks of Hershel and Rick (although it was nice to see Hershel alive and well again lol). Rick lost a hand in the comic books by the Governor. Obviously that didn't happen when the gov was around so I was thinking Joe and his group would have done it since Rick killed their boy buttt I was wrong again Lol guess Rick isn't gonna lose his hand ever