• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 gallon reef

deepblue68

POTM Winner
well after a 2yr break from keeping a marine tank iam back in with a 40 gallon breeder.This build is not going to be fancy .I will be using whatever I have laying around the basement.i will post up as I go.
18b1704c53d8215924f507f963921533.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Please refer to my tail of the tank thread. I posted my reply on that by accident. There are some pics taken today and a breef discription of my system.

No. I kind of misused the tail of the tank as my build thread. I guess it’s never to late to start one though. My drilling, plumbing and sump layout was done at Ocean Image Aquatics.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
yes unfortunately like I said this tank will be pieced together with whatever I have in my basement.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
iam going to use the sump and a
a&e etss reef devil deluxe down draft skimmer I know probably way over kill but ill see if I can get it to run on the tank efficiently.
74218e576ac7af0bfd4e9be9d4ec6af3.jpg

Last edited:
iam going to use the sump and a
a&e etss 250 down draft skimmer I know probably way over kill but ill see if I can get it to run on the tank efficiently.
74218e576ac7af0bfd4e9be9d4ec6af3.jpg

When I tried to run a very big skimmer in my 40, I had a very hard time. I never got it dialed in. I had to go out and buy a smaller one, which is now manageable, but I Shiuld have gotten a even smaller one. That looks like a good skimmer. Pretty good chance someone will make a good trade down deal if it doesn’t work out.

Last edited:

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Yes iam pretty sure the skimmer will not work out and will try to sell some equipment or make some trades for a smaller skimmer
if I cant get the reef devil dialed in. iam ging to try it and see what happens first.

Last edited: