• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 gallon reef

deepblue68

POTM Winner
here we go
ac121510ddac8174c2c3093a460938f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

deepblue68

POTM Winner
well salt is mixed and in the tank.i cleaned a mixing pump and fill pump today and hook up a BRS DOSER FOR AUTO TOP OFF this is temporary for now probably going to do a 5 gallon tank and ato.
5aebe36adf1c348378db8bcfa5ab412a.jpg

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I still have lights to hang but i have surgery tomorrow so i will not be doing much the next couple of weeks.ill get the cycle going for now .

deepblue68

POTM Winner
surgery went well and now it's time to rehab so things will slow down while tank cycles with a shrimp and live rock. the evaporation on this take is huge so iam going to put a top on the tank and maybe some foam for the sump.iam also going to add some more sand. I will keep you posted but right now the kids are taking care of my tanks.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
dry rock added and is being seeded with some live rock. I have lights to be hung which I decide to go with two kessil350w big tuna . I also have to set up a ten gallon tank with my ato. will update as I go.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Tonga branches are my favorite. They give great movement, placement for corals and water flow

deepblue68

POTM Winner
thank you! I might change it up some but for now tank is cycling and I have plenty of other little things to do on tank. iam so stoked to being back in the hobby. prior to my 2yr break I was in the hobby for 14 years. my last system was running for 7years.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
iam calling this tank my Frankenstein breeder because it's a mix of equipment I had around d the basement. I know there will be changes coming.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
completed and changed auto top off no more dosing pump this is way more efficient and reliable!
it's a jbj ato with a 7 gallon acrylic sump.
1b63335ec6229c998770aefbcc03cb90.jpg
f1ca016b9d2a70d9bf9dcc1e75c7fde5.jpg

deepblue68

POTM Winner
you will love it !! best thing I set up along with my dosing pumps.i just top off every water change and add buffer to my ro water.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
update installed more suitable sca 301 skimmer in the sump today that I acquired in a trade.
5eda430fa5311fec36361f38a7c94d15.jpg

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I also put a Rio pump in my 7 gallon top off tank to keep kalkwasser solution stirred up.
6fbd82c9426484d43842be175d43b27f.jpg

Last edited: