• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 gallon reef

deepblue68

POTM Winner
How has the HOB overflow been? I have been thinking of putting one on my 40B
it's been working out great but if your going to get one I would look at CPR aquatic overflows I think model is cs50.i think it takes up less space inside the tank. I have also used them on a bigger tank and liked them alot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deepblue68

POTM Winner
could I get a few quaurentine pointers Blue.
How long
What do you do about filterning and cycling
I don't want to say my method is correct it is just the way I qt my fish.
1) I put fish it qt 4-6 wks. observe and make sure fish is eating.
2)if fish shows any signs up to 6wks I treat depending on diease.
I do not medication unless I see signs or indication of fish not eating.
Like I said this is the way I qt.
I know other people do a preventive treatment which is good and works well.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was thinking of getting the Eshopp PF-1000. It has two 1" bulk heads. I have been thinking of converting one of the bulk's to a Herbie.

$39.99 for a McCosker is a good price

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I have never used eshop but they look like a quality product.the Herbie sounds like a good idea quiet.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
This was done on a freshwater tank....that is the reason he can use a copper gate valve. But I like the idea

deepblue68

POTM Winner
could I get a few quaurentine pointers Blue.
How long
What do you do about filterning and cycling
I forgot to tell you about my qt tank.
I cycled a 15 gallon tank with some established live rock and filter media from my other system and I will do weekly water changes.iam running a hob filter ,heater and led light.

:)
I forgot to tell you about my qt tank.
I cycled a 15 gallon tank with some established live rock and filter media from my other system and I will do weekly water changes.iam running a hob filter ,heater and led light.

Thank you. I truly appreciate the info y’all share. Super helpfully

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I picked this mandarin goby up yesterday after the meeting from another club member.
d9770dbe46192152398cdc45b338bd72.jpg
f75032b608a0dd65e45f2b29c58f2b09.jpg

deepblue68

POTM Winner
seeded my tank recently but iam going to maybe start harvesting them.the member side he was not eating pods and was eating whatever he was feeding.hes fat so will see today if it eats if not going to grow out some pods from alage barn in the basement.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I wouldnt say under control but iam willing to giving the pods a try I also have the wrasse so it would benefit.
will see!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
hi all
I just wanted to give an update on my new fish .the mandarin is eating finely chopped mysis shrimp and I have to feed him with pumps off so usually he is fed twice a week along with any pods that are in the tank. the wrasse was just given a dose of prazipro as a precaution and will remain in qt for another 3 weeks before being moved to display tank. the McCoskers wrasse is getting very fat and is very active. tank.
f2792cb60908f11adc7aff74a564efb0.jpg
d4fe6c32eaa7ca82c751ed0a50656456.jpg
db647811db4f57f5f33a57bae4d18ce2.jpg
c838dac70a577b50ae13dcce90b31801.jpg