• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

75g RR Tank - Stand - Canopy - Sump combo FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Last year I upgraded my 75g tank to a 120g and it's been sitting in my garage taking up space. I've been meaning to get around to cleaning it up to sell it and now that I have the wife says it has to go!

I bought this entire setup (minus the custom canopy) back in 2009 for $500 and was told the tank was only 1 year old at that time. Since it is used, I'm looking to get $300 OBO for the whole package. Contact me via this thread or via PM with questions or offers.

Here is what I have:

- 75g RR with single corner overflow. Tank dimensions are 48" L x 18" W x 21" H. I have the drain/return standpipes and a Loc-Line Wye splitter but you will need a new set of bulkheads.
- Stand 48" L x 19" W x 32" H. I just replaced all the door hinge hardware. Taller than standard stands which is great for maintenance in the sump.
- Canopy is custom made by me and designed to sit inside the top frame of the tank to lock it in place. Dimensions are 48" L x 18" W x 16" H. It has a 1x2 frame with oak sides and doors which were mitered so the corners are flush when closed. The frame was painted with Killz to protect the interior. It has 2 aluminum angles to make a track to hold LED lighting. Both doors are attached with piano hinges and will swing up and stay open by themselves. I just replaced the closer hardware. The handles are custom ordered sea shells.
- Sump is a 30g tank with baffles.

Here are some pics of everything:

Stand / Tank / Canopy fully setup

6KkVfjJt

Stand closeup - Front

LkyQcDGa

Stand closeup - Back (fully open to make access easy for wiring and plumbing.)

6EVrSlLR

New stand door hinges (The old hinges rusted out so after installing the new ones I sprayed a few coats of Plasti-Dip on them to help protect them)

JgwgJJMX

Stand - Doors open

rzxU3MsE

Tank Closeup

vKYbW2S8

Canopy Closeup - Front

M5JnaeaM

Canopy Handles

KhzUvWdZ

jefn8O4E

Canopy Both doors open (Hole is for light fixture wiring)

Hqo29uka

New canopy closer hardware

570uHymu

Aluminum Angle rails for light fixtures

eeCSn2L0

Sump (Drain/Return standpipes and the Loc-Line Wye splitter in the center section)

t02OZsN0

I also have a 32 gallon Brute can that I no longer need. I used it to cure some live rock for my 120 upgrade (bleach cycle - vinegar cycle - RO water cycle). After curing the rock, I filled it with clean tap water and 2 gallons of vinegar with a power head to run a couple days, then I scrubbed the sides clean with plastic brush and rinsed clean. Then filled with clean tap water and ran power head for another day and drained to dry. It's been sitting dry for about a year and just taking up space in my garage.

First $15 takes it.

2i6WXJHX

s8JfGPml

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Update:

- Brute is going to Raffle King.
- Stand and sump were sold yesterday

All that remains for sale now is the tank and canopy. That said, new price for the tank/canopy combo is $100 OBO.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bump - Tank and Canopy still for sale. Any reasonable offer accepted. I need the room in the garage! :encouragement:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Come on gang! Help me clean out my garage.

Price drop to $75 OBO for tank and canopy. That's a RR tank plus custom canopy for $1 per gallon. Even PETCO can't beat that! :encouragement:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tank is pending to Raffle King. Pretty much a done deal unless he changes his mind by Friday. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.