• Until further notice, all upcoming club events will be canceled.

80g rimless build

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The pump on my ASM skimmer started making a grinding noise this week. Today took it apart and the impeller is very rough. I tried cleaning it but nothing so soaking it vinegar and water and will see what happens. In the meantime broke out my Elos PS1000 skimmer never used. Had to raise it up about 3 inches to stop it from overflowing. Will monitor it and adjust accordingly as it breaks in.

Attachments

• 20201113_101427_Film1.jpg
    20201113_101427_Film1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

iTzJu

DAL North
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The pump on my ASM skimmer started making a grinding noise this week. Today took it apart and the impeller is very rough. I tried cleaning it but nothing so soaking it vinegar and water and will see what happens. In the meantime broke out my Elos PS1000 skimmer never used. Had to raise it up about 3 inches to stop it from overflowing. Will monitor it and adjust accordingly as it breaks in.

the ELOS should serve you well, I would use citric acid over vinegar on magnetic parts since vinegar can make them swell up.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nitrates are down to 40, getting there.
Alk is 8 or 9
Calcium is at 360.

Cannot get my cloves or palys to open.
Hammer frag fell behind rock but git it out and lost 2 of 3 heads. I saw one tip but retreated and have not seen it come back yet.

With vinegar I get 5ppm even with 3 reef roids feeding for 2 weeks after the Bacteria establish You got it.. although I’m not dosing now still low and I feed heavy buddy