• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Angels in my reef- new member

Thank you all for the welcome, the Emperor went in last night, my normal routine when adding a new Angel is to temp. remove my normal bullies, in this case the Queen and Asfur. They tagteam any newcomer. My " Band of Thieves " who never travel alone could care less about the Emp. The Thieves-- 4 Yellow Tangs, 1 Tomini Tang, 1 Achilles Tang, 1 Thompsons Tang, the Clown Tang has been excommunicated and sent to the misfit tank. Will be adding the Personifer next week, the bullies will remain in exile 1 month. I QT my Angels in a 125 frag tank, that way I know what they might try to taste.

I currently have a 220 fowlr primarily populated with Angels:
Angels: Blue Face,Queen, Emperor, French, Personifer, A pair of Scribbled
Tangs: Large male blond naso . Regal tang (recently sold a Dussumieri. It was almost 12")!Would love to add one more tang!
Trigger: large Blue throat / Looking for one more trigger . Most likely a male Crosshatch
All angels above have been together for at least a year except for the Scribbled pair which were added last summer. Please note I do not add any fish to my QT unless QT for at least 4-6 weeks and treated with Prazi Pro and Cuppramine.

4 weeks is pretty much standard for me, sometimes longer if my job gets in the way and I can stay awake long enough to make the change. I need to watch any new addition for a few hours after intro. to make sure all is well. Forgot to mention there's a 3 inch juv. French in the reef as well, The Achilles likes to do drivebys on him. He's sort of the Redheaded Stepchild of my Angel clan.

I would love to get an Achilles as my last tang but get many different opinions from it'll do ok to "they're ich magnets" or too agressive!! so how long have you had yours and has he given you any issues ??(agressiveness / parasites etc)

The Achilles has been in the reef not quite 4 months, the first couple weeks in QT was touch and go, look at him sideways=Ich, walk too fast past the tank=Ich, scratch my foot=Ich. But like a Hippo Tang it would come and go. He was Ich free for 5 weeks before going in the reef, 2 days in he had a couple spots, Bluestreak cleaners (1 pair) and Scarlet Cleaner shrimp took care of that, he's been Ich free since then. Strong water movement, high oxygen, above avg. diet and good water seems to be the ticket, and don't scratch your foot.

The Achilles has been in the reef not quite 4 months, the first couple weeks in QT was touch and go, look at him sideways=Ich, walk too fast past the tank=Ich, scratch my foot=Ich. But like a Hippo Tang it would come and go. He was Ich free for 5 weeks before going in the reef, 2 days in he had a couple spots, Bluestreak cleaners (1 pair) and Scarlet Cleaner shrimp took care of that, he's been Ich free since then. Strong water movement, high oxygen, above avg. diet and good water seems to be the ticket, and don't scratch your foot.
Very funny and scary at the same time! ....lol btw i have a hippo tang for two years now and been ich free :)

Had a few hippo's over the years, and one in particular every time I did a water change, like clockwork, would come down with a mild case of Ich. It would be gone in a day or two. Back then I did monthly changes nowadays I do weekly.