• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

another stand build

deepblue68

POTM Winner
so what do you guys think? should I skin it with ply wood or something?

maybe some center braces?

it's 2x6 on top and rest of it is 2x4

for a 125 I'm going to reseal. not leaking just kind of ugly in a few spots
How you going to go about resealing it? are you just going to cut old sealant out and reapply or disassembled tank and reseal. iam asking because I have a tank that the seal is good a d doesn't leak but the edges has gotten beaten up by scrapers over time and I would like to reseal it myself.

How you going to go about resealing it? are you just going to cut old sealant out and reapply or disassembled tank and reseal. iam asking because I have a tank that the seal is good a d doesn't leak but the edges has gotten beaten up by scrapers over time and I would like to reseal it myself.
I won't be removing the frame for my reseal.

I will cut out the corners with a very sharp razor making sure not to damage the silicone that actually hold the tank together. after that I will use alcohol and clean off all the old silicone off the glass with care not to destroy the seal I was describing.

you must use momentive rtv silicone. it is the best hands down. rtv is the ONLY silicone that will bond to dry silicone. but an extra tube, you do not want to run out.

you can use tape for straight lines. there's a lot of YouTube videos on doing it.

leaky tank is not a big deal, I know some people will b&m that there's THOUSANDS of dollars of corals fish etc. that's not really a good argument against resealing a tank. if done properly it can be just as good or better than a new tank.

Last edited: