• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any Firearms enthusiasts??

Anyone out there into Firearms?? I have always been into them, but only recently got my FID. I also had an uncle give me a 1973 Marlin Glenfield Model 60 22lr and a 1974 Walther PPK/S.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the bullethole in Belleville, NJ not too bad of a place to go.

I'm going to pick up my FID application this week:)

Jcurry....There is The Bullethole in Belleville, but I hear it is horrible.

New place opened in November in Randolph called RTSP. I'm hopefully going to check them out this week.

I shoot at least twice a week up here in NW PA. Totally different up here when it comes to firearms and shooting. .

Last edited by a moderator:

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hey guys, I had to edit some content of this thread. Please refrain from discussing buying/selling of ammo/guns as it is not appropriate for this forum. Discussing of the hobby is fine and acceptable. Thanks!

We have the bullethole in Belleville, NJ not too bad of a place to go.

I'm going to pick up my FID application this week:)

Brandon you do realize that you do need to sign off on a medical release for Psych Treatment. That means that you are not going to be able to get it. Opps did I just violate Hippa????

Brandon...I think Anthony is right....No ID card for you...you can come to the range with me at any time.

On another note, anyone have any experience with the Glock 22 Gen 4 in .40 cal or a Glock 21 in .45 cal. I had the pleasure of firing a 17 and enjoyed in thoroughly.

So happy they opened the range on Rt 10. I've been a few times, you can shoot anything (I have a .357 S&W). Sadly I have learned that my WWII M-1 Carbine is still illegal in NJ for no reason that I understand, so I can't bring that to the range. Going to pick up a Ruger 10-22 just to have a rifle to punch paper with.
You can rent guns at the range on RT 10 too, nice to be able to try before you buy.

So happy they opened the range on Rt 10. I've been a few times, you can shoot anything (I have a .357 S&W). Sadly I have learned that my WWII M-1 Carbine is still illegal in NJ for no reason that I understand, so I can't bring that to the range. Going to pick up a Ruger 10-22 just to have a rifle to punch paper with.
You can rent guns at the range on RT 10 too, nice to be able to try before you buy.

Just a bit of information, if the weapon is illegal in NJ, then you cannot keep it in NJ. It is probably considered an assault firearm. If you want to take a photo of it and PM it to me, I can look at it and try to tell you why it is considered an assault firearm.

But just so you are aware (I really don't care), but it is illegal to even own an assault firearm, and you can be charged for simply having it in the state...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anthony is correct, old M1’s are considered assault rifles and are totally illegal in New Jersey….can’t own or register. Interestingly our local VFW uses them in all our parades, shooting off blanks.

It's that stupid word Carbine that makes it illegal. Unfortunately the M1 Carbine is on their Named List of illegal assault weapons.

Anthony is correct, old M1’s are considered assault rifles and are totally illegal in New Jersey….can’t own or register. Interestingly our local VFW uses them in all our parades, shooting off blanks.

If you can show they they have been rendered inoperable they are no longer a "firearm".

It's that stupid word Carbine that makes it illegal. Unfortunately the M1 Carbine is on their Named List of illegal assault weapons.

Yep, the statute says specifically
"M1 Carbine Type"

If I were you I would either try to sell it, or transfer it out of state (Legally). I had a job that I worked where a guy had a ton of guns, and a restraining order was taken out against him, guess what we confiscated all his weapons. No charges attached to the restraining order, but wound up getting a wepons charge.

It is not worth messing around, NJ has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.....

Just to really crack y'all up, the local police impounded all my weapons at one point,(LOOOONG Story) including the M-1, and subsequently returned them all to me (including the M1). I had to write a letter to the County Prosecutor.

I will never get rid of it, it was my dad's, he served in WWII (though he bought it after the war). It's an Underwood, made by the Underwood Typewriter Co. (for you M1 buffs out there...).

Garand IS okay, you can still buy a surplus Garand cheaply through the government's gun club program (Cherry Ridge does some of this).