• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

any tips on getting a fish out of hidding?

i bought a 2 1/2 inch randals goby 4 days ago to pair up with my randals pistol and have not seen him since i put him in the water
i drip aclimated him for 2hours, gave him some flake food to make sure he was eating and as soon as i put him in the tank he headed for the rocks and has not come out since.
i thought they would pair up quick from my research but no luck .
i just hope he is alive behind my rock wall(i left about 4 inches of room behind it when i set up the tank) and i will be shocked when and if he pops his head out.

any tips to incourage him to come out....3 different feedings and no luck so far

jiggle your keys and say Lets go for a ride!...oh, wait a minute, thats for dogs... ;D
ive had fish that have disappeared for a week when added. then one day they are swimming with everyone else...just give it time and hopefully itll pop up

interesting twist to the story.....
i noticed last night that my randals pistol started to block off one of the entrances to its rock cave with small stones and shells.....
in the 2 years i have had him he has never done that before...perhaps he is trying to coach the goby out too...

we will see

You could try some live food. Baby brine gets just about everyone in my tanks to come out, with the exception of Mike's flaming prawn goby.
Even our angel and jawfish come out for it, although they can't quite figure out what all the fuss is about ;)

As to why your pistol is trying to block off an entrance, I can't help you there. My pistols just LOVE to incorporate shells (and frag plugs) into their burrows.