• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anybody bought a fridge lately?

My 10-year-old Kenmore is dripping water all over the place and I want a new fridge. Anybody bought a fridge they like lately? No Sub-Zeros or built in-ins, that's out of my budget!

My 10-year-old Kenmore is dripping water all over the place and I want a new fridge. Anybody bought a fridge they like lately? No Sub-Zeros or built in-ins, that's out of my budget!

Sears outlet on Route 73 In Cherry Hill. You will pay less than 1K for a brand new fridge.

What size and type, i.e. side by side, top freezer, bottom freezer, etc.? I subscribe to Consumer Reports and can look up what they recommend. Budget?

falconut

NJRC Member
We bought a Samsung side by side last year and are happy with it. We needed to replace our 5 year old Maytag (weren't happy with it).

I'm looking for a side by side, I've always had top freezer style. CR likes Samsung, some people say they are noisy. I've got the online CR, I like hearing from humans/ Sometimes CR's decisions seem crazy, as evidenced by reviews on their site contradicting their findings.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I have a Samsung bottom freezer not noisy at all, I honestly don't know about side by side. Home depot had a sale on the side by's. Not sure if it's still on or not.

Many fridges are rebranded and all made by a handful of factories. Check who makes yours and then get reviews on that one. Maytag makes a lot of them out there.

falconut

NJRC Member
I'm looking for a side by side, I've always had top freezer style. CR likes Samsung, some people say they are noisy. I've got the online CR, I like hearing from humans/ Sometimes CR's decisions seem crazy, as evidenced by reviews on their site contradicting their findings.

I remember reading that too. But, ours makes no noise.

Our LG has been good to us. Side by Side

Got a French Door/bottom freezer LG also to replace our GE profile. tried to support USA - but that american fridge (parts from Mexico) was a piece of junk.

So far it's been great (purchased a little over 12 month ago). i get almost all my appliances (washer, dryer, frig, tv) from See-more in metuchen, NJ -they have very good prices. Just don't get the extra warranty that all these places try and make you get.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got a French Door/bottom freezer LG also to replace our GE profile. tried to support USA - but that american fridge (parts from Mexico) was a piece of junk.

So far it's been great (purchased a little over 12 month ago). i get almost all my appliances (washer, dryer, frig, tv) from See-more in metuchen, NJ -they have very good prices. Just don't get the extra warranty that all these places try and make you get.

I also have a LG French Door/2 draw bottom freezer. No issues after 2 years. Replaced a 5 year old GE.

Bob

horseplay

NJRC Member
We have a GE Cafe for 6 months now. No problem. Bottom drawer/french door to replace a 20+ years old fridge. What we found out there is less room with the modern fridges. Bout a beverage refrigerator too helps a lot with the space issue.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I am glad you don't want a sub zero. I am on my second one and I think they are made very cheaply compared to what they cost which is about as much as a small car.