• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone invest in stocks?

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
I do mostly crypto trading but I would keep your eye on vacation type stocks (Disney, Carnival, Royal Caribbean,etc) and airline stocks. Alot of good deals to be had.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Yeah, keeping my eye there atm. I do small stuff to supplement retirement (as I have no retirement account).
Tend to buy entertainment and necessity suppliers - Amazon (haven't bought that in a while with the price), Apple, AMD (microchips), Disney, Netflix (again, not in a while), Walmart, etc.
Looking out for low airline stuff (Delta, SW, BA, Emerites), any new big entertainment/luxury (watching Rivian over next 6 months, they're gonna explode when they go to market), and debating on cruise lines but no idea if they'll ever recover at this point.

Crypto is another matter. So many, so fast, so volatile, and I'm inherently lazy.
I dropped $800 in there a year ago and its been as high as $2,200 and as low as $90. In a year! Thats expletive crazy!
I'm not on top of it with any regularity, but I can see if someone is, and timing is right, theres a good reward. But I'm too lazy.
Gave up on following it and letting it sink, swim, or fly.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rivian has no plans of going public at this time but may be “open” to additional financing to help support its “aggressive growth plans.”

I don't follow the market as closely as I used to, but common sense tells me there is a correction coming. I've been moving money into cash recently. Started a little too early it seems as I left some money on the table, but like they say, you'll never time the highs and the lows perfectly.

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I bought airlines and cruise lines (pharma and weed too) when this mess started. Most are doing better than when I bought them. My only looser so far as of Friday is AAL. It’s all subject to change without notice.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have bank and some biotech right now. its hit or miss with biotech due to covid, but its a huge profit if it hits.

my worst performer: exxon. I bought on a big dip and it hasn't stopped dipping. My only saving grace was I didn't put too much in. This is one reason why I haven't jumped into the cruise stocks...i considered buying on a dip but was afraid it would keep dipping...

best performer that hasn't been mentioned on this thread? Costco. Picked some up because my wife loves to shop there and my costco visa card is always being used.

I have not dabbled in reddit or the gamestop frenzy. With my luck I'd probably buy at $200 and find it down to $25 next month.

I bought airlines and cruise lines (pharma and weed too) when this mess started. Most are doing better than when I bought them. My only looser so far as of Friday is AAL. It’s all subject to change without notice.
hope you didn't sell your AAL - it's up 30% since your Aug 2020 post.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Did you see all the craziness with Game Stop? Was $20 a share and went $350 a share.
Feds are looking into this.