Anyone want their own LFS?

It's not on their site yet, but I got an email today from Salgado that the NY store is for sale as the current owners are relocating to Dallas, Tx. They Are asking $40k.

amado

NJRC Member
It's not on their site yet, but I got an email today from Salgado that the NY store is for sale as the current owners are relocating to Dallas, Tx. They Are asking $40k.

I am sad to see them go. The owners are good people.

That sucks. They're the only place around us that had really affordable fish

amado

NJRC Member
I don’t see why anyone would buy a retail fish store.
If you take 40k and put it in a basement/garage/shed fish room and grow frags at home and sell them online with very little over head.

The margins in salt water are not good match with the rising cost of retail space. You will get a better return on your 40k
Investment if you sell coffee. Having a cost of almost .50 a cup of coffee and then selling that cup for $4. Lol those are good margin. And to top it off coffee is shelf stable so it’s not going to die on you. Lol

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Send them an email. They said “or best offer”.

Hard to make that happen with the cost of living in this state. We plan to downsize and move to south Jersey next spring. I’m gonna come down and gawk at all the cool tanks down there.
I squeezed an 80g in our 800sq ft retirement condo.

radiata

NJRC Member
I'm very saddened by this move. They had the healthiest and least expensive fish around. I don't think anyone purchasing the business will make a go of it - Juan and Cynthia both worked too hard making it all happen. (I also think there were a few things left out of the offer.) I will miss them...