• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone willing to help someone start their first reef? (Bergen county)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i know this is alot to ask but I'm really scared about doing it all alone, i was wondering if anyone was in Bergen County (I'm in Fairview to be exact) and was willing to do with me to Reef Encounter (Hackensack, 20min ride from my house) and would help me pick out the rock i need and come back to the house n help me mix up salt, etc..

I still need a mixing bucket but I'm sure they'll have one to buy there.. The store closes at 5 today so if anyone's available like asap it would be amazing, and don't forget I'll pay for gas! Thanks alot!

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I lived closer i would have given you a hand.. I started this hobby 4th july this year... but i know how you feel.. you might want to mix the salt and add water to tank first before getting anything.. home depot has buckets for under $3 and 87 cents for the lid pick up a few.. you are going to need them.. good luck

Sid

Mix up the saltwater before you purchase any rock. I can meet you over there one night after work to help pick it out. It will be cheaper to find a club member selling.

Yeah I think they get like 9.99/lb. So blowing 250 or so on rock sucks. Id just get the tank going, then look to see what people are getting rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.