• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquascape

Salted

NJRC Member
You mean like stacks the rocks for you? If you’re just one of those I’m not artistic people I’d bet plenty of us would b happy to do that for you where are you located?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Many of the LFS have rock/ many with arches etc- all depends on your budget- Many of us have done our own- I wish I had a plan from the start, but am happy overall with what I have- I am always jealous when I see other's tanks, they ay are all much better at it tham I am

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Google aquascape and you'll find plenty of good ideas - that's what I did. I took things I saw and liked and incorporated those into my design. Check out my build thread to see what I did. There's also a guy from Australia who shows you his method of joining rock with thin super glue and and sand. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can find you a link to his videos. Good luck.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Get rocks..stack em..take pics in front of tank..if you like what you see..cement them..I used e marco cement 400 for my scape.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I would tell you don’t glue any rocks.
Use something you can easily take out if you need.
I think people spend too much $$$ and time on rocks.
If your corals grow you won’t see the rocks.

Adam L

NJRC Member
Negative space rock scape is beneficial for your fish especially larger ones. It also improves water flow and better for corals. There are folks that will do it for you. I saw one at Philly splash several years back but they were pretty expensive. I took my time and had fun with it.

Attachments

• IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6751.jpeg
    IMG_6751.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Not sure if anyone saw videos on it but they have this stuff called nyros reef cement and you use it with the glue masters ultra thin dang… let me tell you think makes it stick solid I’ll be doing an aqua space with mine soon I’ll most likely do a video with it but ya follow other peoples designs they spent weeks doing them

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I know that the trend is for negative space- open water. I'm old school, I think more live rock is better- more rock, more coral, more grazing for my fish- and hiding/sleeping spots. I just rearanged my coral again today for the umteenth time- Every time I get a new piece of coral I do an adjust. I never had a plan/ still don't , I'm finally at the point where my tank is mature enough for sps- so I have entering a bold new world

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The only advise I can give is have rock of different heights. I am use to rectangular tall tanks and was able to use big rocks and stack. I went with a low tank 16" tall and now my rock is the same level. This weekend I will re-scaping the whole tank and breaking rocks up.