• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AUGUST MEETING: Saturday the 22nd; Paulsboro

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our monthly August meeting will be held at the home of pgordemer & Chef Pete

Click HERE for the meeting information

Click HERE for meeting RSVP.

Hope to see you all there!!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOL, won't miss it for the world. My wife Kelly has been asking me when this is scheduled 2 or 3 times a month since Phil and Pete were telling her that they will host, and that was a while ago. Looking forward to the great company, great food and can't wait to see the house and yard. How many days left? LOL ;D

Taz

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tazmaniancowboy said:
LOL, won't miss it for the world. My wife Kelly has been asking me when this is scheduled 2 or 3 times a month since Phil and Pete were telling her that they will host, and that was a while ago. Looking forward to the great company, great food and can't wait to see the house and yard. How many days left? LOL ;D

mmmmm, me thinks some sucking up will move you up in the drink and food lines .. ;D

;D Okay folks, just so you know, my main contribution to the menu will be pulled pork. We have an old fashioned pork butcher/smoke shop near us that has been run by the same family since 1865. Check out their website: www.hainesporkshop.com They are AWESOME!!! I may do more depending on my mood, the weather, our budget...(remember the week before, August 15th, is Phil's 50th birthday!). Either way, we'll all eat well that day!
Cheers!!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds great Pete, I love pulled pork. Will this pork shop be open on Saturday? If so what are there hours. I would like to stop in before or after the meeting. Exactly how far is it from you?

Taz

I do believe they are open on Saturday. They are just a couple miles away. Take a look at their website: www.hainsporkshop.com. Or, I'm sure we can sneak away and I'll drive you guys over there. Bring money, lots of money. lol Actually, they're very reasonable. It's the only place I know where you can get a crown roast that will feed 8 people for $20.

Okay folks, I've looked at the RSVP's and am glad to see there are some! As far as food goes, I'll be making the following:

Pulled Pork
Baked Beans
Some sort of cake

I saw offers for broccoli salad and potato salad and yes, those would be awesome, thanks!!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey gang! I will definitely be attending, and bringing my girlfriend Pam along. We are trying to decide what to bring food/drink wise so I haven't filled out the registration form just yet.

Is there anything you would prefer we bring? Pulled pork and baked beans sound great, and I can't wait to try them! I will be bringing a cooler along to bring home some stuff from that Pork place if it's as good as you say. We just bought a new freezer for the garage and it needs to get stocked up, heh.

But back to my question... some people may not be a fan of pulled pork so is anyone bringing the standard burgers/hot dogs? Do you need chips? Soda/juices? Corn on the cob? ... there are tons of options still open and I'd be willing to bring any of them if you want.

The other question is how many people do we expect to attend? I'm sure many who want to come haven't registered yet or are still deciding. You think about 20-25 at least?

Oh, one more thing. We are currently having a group buy for inverts that will be delivered that Saturday morning (to Central Jersey area) and we are trying to work out a pick-up at the meeting. Would we be able to keep a few orders in a cool area during the meeting (basement, garage, etc.) until the members take them home? It will probably just be a few. Those picking up will probably have a cooler or something of their own, but it's probably not a good idea to keep them in the car for a few hours. :eek: Let us know if there's a spot available please.

I'm not sure yet about how many people. 20-25 is probably about right, though with our luck we'll probably have the whole group. We'll do the hotdogs/burgers too. Would you mind bringing soda? I would get a mix of regular and diet.

As far as the cool place goes, the meeting being inside or out depends on the weather. We do have A/C so keeping the frags inside will be fine.

Also, please let us know if there will be kids coming so we can make the house kid friendly and have something to keep them busy.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Heya Pete! Sure, I can bring soda. I'll stop at BJ's on the way down and get a good mix of 2 liter bottles... maybe a couple bottles of fruit juice too.

I wasn't talking about bringing frags, although I wouldn't be suprised if people bring some to trade, etc. We will be bringing some inverts (snails, crabs, and some macro algae, etc.) from a group buy that will be delivered to central NJ on Saturday morning and brought to the meeting to disperse to a few who couldn't make it up on the same day as the meeting.

Anyway, if you have a place to put them inside, that should work.

I won't be bringing my son this time around since he's with his mom this weekend, but maybe to a future meeting. Thanks for asking.

See ya this weekend.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
TanksNStuff said:
Oh, one more thing. We are currently having a group buy for inverts that will be delivered that Saturday morning (to Central Jersey area) and we are trying to work out a pick-up at the meeting. Would we be able to keep a few orders in a cool area during the meeting (basement, garage, etc.) until the members take them home? It will probably just be a few. Those picking up will probably have a cooler or something of their own, but it's probably not a good idea to keep them in the car for a few hours. :eek: Let us know if there's a spot available please.

You can float them in the sump if you want, also the basement is pretty cool down there.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well the Meeting jinx as started - no, its not a tank problem, but my Beer Dispenser Tap system head broke right off...

Fear not - there will still be Yuengling - just not from the Keg. I am sure we can still suck down some bottles.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phil, I was planning on attending and trying out the new raffle drum. Unfortunately I got call to work tomorrow. Pooh!