• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bay Fish ID

Figured there is a couple of avid fishermen out there on this site so I figured I would give it a try. Buddy of mine caught this in the Delaware Bay. We have no idea what it is and i cant seem to find anything online either.

2014-08-18%2014.10.13_zpsmnsvkecw.png

Not sure of the scientific name but I know that as a banded rudder fish or that is least what we called it. I recall having some debate about it years ago but we never really pinned down what they were. I uesd to catch them starting this time of year off of jetties.

Not sure of the scientific name but I know that as a banded rudder fish or that is least what we called it. I recall having some debate about it years ago but we never really pinned down what they were. I uesd to catch them starting this time of year off of jetties.

+1 agree