• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beach Cleanup - April 26, 2014 9:00 - 12:30

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's that time again. Time to pay it forward by participating in our annual Spring Beach Cleanup April 26, 2014 9:30 - 12:00. The cleanup will happen at our adopted Beach at Gateway National Park (Sandy Hook). It's a great excuse to get out in the fresh air and give back at the same time. Please respond to this thread so can complete the cleanup registration. This is being organized by Clean Ocean Action
http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/inde...outbeachsweeps

Thanks
Bob

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Will have to check with the wife to see if we have plans that day yet and get back to you Bob.

Jun... the kids always have a blast so you won't regret taking your son!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
2 days after our wedding anniversary, we will be away. I feel like this happens every year. Lol

I would like to join. Work Schedule permitting. I have it on my calendar. I will recruit a few others as well if I am able to make it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll be there assuming my schedule is open that day...and "that girl" is there. I tried to find her picture but couldn't. I know Phil (Hawkeye) has her picture....I think he was a bit smitten. :grin:

I'll be there assuming my schedule is open that day...and "that girl" is there. I tried to find her picture but couldn't. I know Phil (Hawkeye) has her picture....I think he was a bit smitten. :grin:

Do you remember the fisherman who wanted to buy our tshirts because they said Reefers.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I found the picture of "that girl." Had to crop her out of a big picture.

0b006b10-41bd-4afb-8af7-5bcb23af30a8_zpse2aaf905.jpg

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cleanup update.

We will be meeting at Lot D in Gateway National Park (Sandy Hook) at 9:00 - 12:30. Please dress warm as it's been a little chilly in the past. I will be supplying gloves and bags. I hope to see a great turnout to represent the club. This is a national event sponsored by Clean Ocean Action.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited:

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I received the following from Clean Ocean Action

You have registered to participate at the Sandy Hook site. On April 26[SUP]th[/SUP], the day of the Beach Sweeps, please arrive at your site at 9:00am. Each site will have a "Beach Captain" to distribute materials and instruct you during the cleanup. For a successful Sweep, please follow the tips below:

· Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
· Wear your own gloves (all other materials will be provided)
· Attend rain or shine
· Dress for the weather
· Wear sunscreen
· Stay off of the dunes
· Respect wildlife

Give Back to the Beach: raise $100 and receive a special gift. Start your fundraiser at crowdrise.com/beachsweeps.
Thank you!

For the Ocean,
Catie

Catie Tobin
Ocean Advocacy and Education Fellow
Clean Ocean Action (COA)
18 Hartshorne Drive, Suite 2
Highlands, NJ 07732

(p) 732.872.0111 (f) 732.872.8041

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just a reminder the Beach Cleanup is 1 week from this Saturday. If you haven't signed up and were thinking about it you won't be sorry. The sense of accomplishment you get is very rewarding. Everyone in this club takes from the ocean now's your chance to give back. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Thanks

Bob
NJRC President

We don't have a signup page yet for Saturday's after cleanup BBQ.
However as Mike posted before it will be at our house.
The address is 297 Silverside Ave, Little Silver 07739.
There is parking on the side streets or at the train station which is a couple blocks from my house, don't park on Silverside.
If you are coming please post here for the time being.
Thanks

PS there is parking for about 4 extra cars in the driveway but I might have to put one car at the end so I can pick up my daughter.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you plan to attend the beach cleanup and the BBQ Meeting, please be sure to RSVP for both events so we know how many people to expect for each. Signing up for the Cleanup does not mean you will also attend the BBQ, so we made a separate one for each.

Beach Cleanup RSVP

BBQ/Meeting RSVP