• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best RO/DI system?

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Check out the filter guys too (www.thefilterguys.com). They have the extra RO cartridge to reduce your waste water. I think the conservation aspect of that would be a bit help to us in the long run.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hmmm... I'll have to reach out to Jim and figure out what happened!

One thing about Jim is he will NOT try to sell you something you do not need or fill you with a line of BS like others. And he does NOT play the silly game of cluing the DI cartridge screw able base shut, which is NOT suppose to be, so you have to buy both resin and a cartridge. With his just unscrew it and refill it, like you are suppose to be able to.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for every ones input but i just got a good deal on a Coralife Pure Flo RO/Di 50 Gpd Unit for $70 (new)

Total BS when the di is sealed or glued :mad: I have a 4 stage maxxima hi s it seems that it always produces way too much good water though. On my 3rd set of filters and it's always the same. probably buy a spectrapure when i get the money

J

jmckdvm

If anyone is interested in the DUAL MEMBRANE system to conserve water, I recently posted an article on my forum that describes the system. Go to SPONSORS....."Dr. Jim's Reef Corner".....DUAL RO MEMBRANE (thread)

J

jmckdvm

Bob,

If you are only running an RO system (i.e. Fiber, Carbon, RO membrane), you are only removing 96-98% of the impurities in tap water. With an additional DI filter (or two), you can approach 99.99%.

I personally have been using 2 Spectrapure MaxCaps followed by 2 Silica Busters. A lot of reefers use bulk material (i.e. they refill cartridges). Probably the best of this type is the nuclear grade resin by Resintech (N.J.) and in particular the MDB-30 color changing resin (which starts off dark blue and changes to amber when exhausted.)

(I'm not recommending these because I sell them; I sell them because I think they are the best).

Dr. Jim

I got mine from water general 3 years ago. the thing I dont like about most of the di cartridges is the smaller dimension.that fit on top or side of the larger size filters.
next awi group buy I am getting the add on canister and plumb it off the small di's as last stage.