• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BOD Succession

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Well said @9supratt4 I was hoping you would join this.

NJRC there is a professional insurance broker and a professional attorney. In this thread laying out the needs and future of this club

i know the club is hurting without events the past two years. But has mentioned by @9supratt4. I have been hesitant to host any club events during COVID due to the risk of suit if a member got COVID at an event and also because of the issue mentioned if someone got injured at an event.

I do believe the club needs to be run like a non profit organization and not a club. I lost my wing man last year to Florida. @Trio91 !! But if we are to continue we have to legitimize the club and go back to our roots

first order of business for me will be to budget and acquire this D&O insurance. For my current and all future BODs The G/L insurance can be cut one of two ways.

1. carried by the club and cost passed on to members

2. Each host sign a waiver to the club that indemnifies the club from any situations at the meet.

lastly and most importantly. We have always heard and been compared to Manhattan reefs and reef2reef. But we are not them. They are for profit and are motivated by dollars. So they focus on vendors and just let the community come to them.

we are the opposite we are member focused and looking for people to join who want to conserve and educate on saltwater. Therefore we tend to side with our members over vendors. This has cost us in the long run. Because we need vendor support. But More importantly we need our members support!!!!

we lost our way njrc we need to get back to it.

let’s do it!!!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
From what I see running the club in its current non-profit state is a big problem.
Right now their is a thin line between reefer and vendor.

we see more reefers selling corals than vendors.

I see more activity in the Manhattan reef club.
I keep meeting nj members on their site.
I see some people participate in both. But I see a big part of this community that
Doesn’t post on NJ reefs.

I am also a member of Miami reefers I don’t live in fl
But the content is soo good with different topics being discussed.
They sell everything on that site with no restrictions on vendors and reefers.

I think times are changing. The reef club is never going to be what it use to be.
Most new reefers will get information from reef2reef or YouTube.

Well said @9supratt4 I was hoping you would join this.

NJRC there is a professional insurance broker and a professional attorney. In this thread laying out the needs and future of this club

i know the club is hurting without events the past two years. But has mentioned by @9supratt4. I have been hesitant to host any club events during COVID due to the risk of suit if a member got COVID at an event and also because of the issue mentioned if someone got injured at an event.

I do believe the club needs to be run like a non profit organization and not a club. I lost my wing man last year to Florida. @Trio91 !! But if we are to continue we have to legitimize the club and go back to our roots

first order of business for me will be to budget and acquire this D&O insurance. For my current and all future BODs The G/L insurance can be cut one of two ways.

1. carried by the club and cost passed on to members

2. Each host sign a waiver to the club that indemnifies the club from any situations at the meet.

lastly and most importantly. We have always heard and been compared to Manhattan reefs and reef2reef. But we are not them. They are for profit and are motivated by dollars. So they focus on vendors and just let the community come to them.

we are the opposite we are member focused and looking for people to join who want to conserve and educate on saltwater. Therefore we tend to side with our members over vendors. This has cost us in the long run. Because we need vendor support. But More importantly we need our members support!!!!

we lost our way njrc we need to get back to it.

let’s do it!!!

I'm not very active in the club or the hobby anymore, but I still lurk around :)

I welcome any and all insurance questions anyone may have.

@ecam do you still have the info I sent you a couple years ago?

I'm new. I kept hearing people on YouTube talking about their "local club swap" "local club meet"

sounded cool.

I found my local club, but at this point it just seems like a forum. I don't care what side of the covid "fence" anyone is on, but I think we can all agree it's gonna be around in one variant or another for the foreseeable future.

let's get some meets going. Some frag swaps. Maybe someone wants to show off a crazy system they have. I'll sign a waiver.
I'm sure others would too.

Anyway, $4 a pound.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@amado @MadReefer We could use fresh blood on these committees to drive membership. That’s going to be goal number next I’m going to get some metrics over the weekend and post it and then see what we can do for a member drive.
Let us know thoughts

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I'm new. I kept hearing people on YouTube talking about their "local club swap" "local club meet"

sounded cool.

I found my local club, but at this point it just seems like a forum. I don't care what side of the covid "fence" anyone is on, but I think we can all agree it's gonna be around in one variant or another for the foreseeable future.

let's get some meets going. Some frag swaps. Maybe someone wants to show off a crazy system they have. I'll sign a waiver.
I'm sure others would too.

Anyway, $4 a pound.
I agree. Everyone just needs to do what they feel is best for them. Wear a mask / don't wear a mask or don't attend the meeting. Just use common sense and if your not feeling well stay home. I would sign a waiver as well.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Resurrect this one last time!!!!
We have to post up elections soon.
However, I have heard of no one willing to run for president !

I’ll ask one more time. Does anyone want to run for president?
I will immediately step down if someone runs. But I do not want to leave the club rudderless without a president if we have no takers.
Please let me know here.
And I will gladly post the elections.
if we have no one interested. I’ll post another thread for a vote of confidence if you guys want the current bod to continue.

but I have to say if I do continue. This would be my absolutely last year someone has to take reigns

but we will be working on the club structure and buy in for activities. Stay tuned

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I would just setup the nomination threads, asking in this thread just might get buried.