• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"Bomb-Making Ingredients Found in Student's Home"

I'm really starting to believe that whats going on today with kids is the ESPN effect. By that I mean that when these kids feel abused, feel the need for "revenge" against who they feel are their abuser instead of talking to their parents or talking to the teachers they instead get it into their head to make an statement..a very loud "you'll be sorry, they will be sorry, I'll make them all pay" statement knowing that it will be blasted all over the news media and on all media instruments of today.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I agree with that. Although it's portrayed as a horrible, unexplainable act... there seems to be some degree of glorification to those who can sympathize with the others doing these things.

While most of the public will look at the news topic and question why or how someone could ever do such a thing... some of these abused/bullied kids look at it through different eyes and find it to be a good way for people to "take notice of their situation". They see how many people pay attention when these unspeakable things happen and it seems like the only way out for some of them.

I feel bad for a lot of these people then end up doing this kind of thing. But, unfortunately, we don't find out about their situations until it's too late. I wish they could all find someone responsible to talk to about their problems before taking innocent lives seems like their best option. :frown:

Yea, I agree with that. Although it's portrayed as a horrible, unexplainable act... there seems to be some degree of glorification to those who can sympathize with the others doing these things.

While most of the public will look at the news topic and question why or how someone could ever do such a thing... some of these abused/bullied kids look at it through different eyes and find it to be a good way for people to "take notice of their situation". They see how many people pay attention when these unspeakable things happen and it seems like the only way out for some of them.

I feel bad for a lot of these people then end up doing this kind of thing. But, unfortunately, we don't find out about their situations until it's too late. I wish they could all find someone responsible to talk to about their problems before taking innocent lives seems like their best option. :frown:

+1 on that.

Didn't sound like he had a bomb. Parts for a bomb. ie some black powder, a pipe and a 9v battery. Maybe it was more sinister, but based on that article it doesn't sound that way. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but my friends and I built all sorts of things that burnt or exploded, both intentionally and not. If it seemed dangerous, it was interesting... But we never once talked about using it against anything living... Hopefully this is just another example of over sensitive officials... Kids these days are exactly the same as they've always been.

I agree with the doing dumb stuff as a kid. we used pool chemicals & a 2 liter bottle in the middle of an empty parknig lot to have some fun as a child. I don't know if today they're different or not, but I know I would have ended up in gitmo as a terrorist for making some of the stupid crap we did as kids.

Honestly if a kid today did what we did in 5th grade to high school they would be in federal prison. Good old days!