• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bustin' out of the Nano forum!!! Howze's 50b

Sorry to hear bout the ich(I hate when that happens)The rockwork looks kickin.The lights are a great start along with that nice custom hanger setup.I haveta say you have the patience of a saint.I'd be sneaking in some frags already and maybe regretting it later..lol Cont gd luck MR zoo nut collector

howze01

NJRC Member
It should look familiar Anthony, yours is just like mine. You know, you're lucky you have me around to figure all this stuff out just so you can copy it:p With the tank already against the wall it was going to be tough to get the boards in the back of the stand. It was just easier this way and I like easier a lot.

Thanks Tony! I'm a pretty patient person so this is pretty easy. It will be nice to see some corals in there, not just white rock.

howze01

NJRC Member
So I stopped in at Aquatic Obsession today to pick up some of those nice Palys Darren posted. Instead of them I left with a teeny tiny little Tailspot Blenny. It's the Blenny I was hoping to get in that tank and when I saw that one I had to get it! He's doing an awesome job on all the algae/diatoms that is growing in there now. So freakin' cute!!!

I also moved 5 of my zs and ps last Friday so it's a little more colorful now! They aren't attached yet, I want to cut some polyps off before I place them for good. Want to have some for our frag tank....if Cj ever gets it going.

howze01

NJRC Member
Ha! The 120 is "supposed" to be Jane's Puffer tank. We have a 75 that he wants to use for the frag tank..... I think he may have a problem. Oh yeah, let's not forget the 20l that he is going to put where my tank is now. He wants it as an NPS tank. Yup, definitely a problem.

howze01

NJRC Member
Thanks George. Not too much to see right now besides brown diatom-covered rocks. The new Blenny (who Cj has named Biscuit) is really tiny and is a bit shy still. He's decided that his spot is under my Darth Maul Palys and he's maybe as long as 2 polyps next to each other, maybe an inch and a half.

Buuuuut since the masses are clamoring, I will snap a pic tomorrow.

howze01

NJRC Member
Never added those pics so here are a few of the new fishies:

Tail Spot Blenny
6905941805_5ed4da629f_z.jpg

Eibli Angel:
6905944335_0a0c248b8e_z.jpg

And last but not least, the most expensive thing that will never again be seen! My Flaming Prawn Goby:
6905939497_b76a5a570e_z.jpg

The tail spot is a great lookin little fish.Congrats on the goby.And I noticed the angel had a smile on his face and Im sure he's happy to be alive...lol

howze01

NJRC Member
Tail Spots are awesome. They're a smaller Blenny too so I like that. As for the Goby, don't do it! See the sand under him? It's very fine sand. Looks like crushed coral next to him. He is tiny, but he's awesome.

howze01

NJRC Member
Thanks Bax! I have some zoos and Palys in there now. I wanted to frag them up a bit before I make them permanent. I was thinking I will start moving more this week. Maybe try and catch a fish or 2 along the way too. Maybe clowns first. I'm soooo nervous to move the Naoko Wrasse. I have a feeling he's going to ich up again. I have my reef cleaners order coming sometime this week too. It's all coming along well I think!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, Bisquit is a cool looking lil bugger! The Eibli looks healthy and happy too.

The goby is super cool. I love unique looking fish like that. Hope you do get to see him occasionally! Take pics whenever you can. ;)

howze01

NJRC Member
Ah, another tank update. I found a $180, otherwise known as a Naoko Fairy Wrasse, laying behind the tank when I got home today. Crispy as crispy can be. Must have found the one little hole in the cover.... just my luck..... Why am I doing this again?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ah, another tank update. I found a $180, otherwise known as a Naoko Fairy Wrasse, laying behind the tank when I got home today. Crispy as crispy can be. Must have found the one little hole in the cover.... just my luck..... Why am I doing this again?

That sux!!! :(