• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Chalice chunk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
You're killin' me with these posts!
Jeeze, thats almost a half a foot of HS for $50! Thats not a chunk, its a small plate!
And I'm loving the gorgonian.

Unsure if you mentioned that you're selling your personal stock to raise money for the Coral Reef to Classroom program.
Hear that folks! Great Corals at great prices to help educate about the coral reefs and the hobby! Isn't that in our mission statement?
Get on board! :encouragement:

I work as a seventh grade science teacher in North Brunswick where I share my passion of reefkeeping with my students. Retirement is on my horizon so I founded Coral Reef To Classroom, a program to offer STEM experiences using reef aquariums as model ecosystems. I am hoping to do this outside of school funding since it is so hard to come by. As soon as things get back to normal, I hope to get some cheap space to offer this experience to kids.

If you are in monmouth county area and you have or know someone willing to provide space for my program cheaply or even free please let me know. So many of you have offered support already and I greatly appreciate it.

Great stuff - it must be fun to show those kids reefkeeping. I remember in freshman biology at Rutgers the professor had a reef tank Set up in the classroom. I would actually show up early for class to just look at it.

What type of space do you require?

Jamie S

NJRC Member
That’s great that you do that for the kids. I wish I had that in high school. Even though I grew up on the shore I really didn’t know much about the ocean until I took a marine biology class at Brookdale on Sandy Hook. By far the best class I ever took. I’m sure a lot of kids are benefitting from your class.

To start I would like to have a 4-6 ft display tank, a breeder tank, a frag tank and culture tanks/containers. Space for a work table. As the program grows, I would like to set up a frag tank for each class that I add.

Throughout my career, I always had fish tanks in the classroom. Best thing I ever did was set up an open top frag tank. The kids were absolutely amazed.
Absolutely awesome of you to do stuff like that for the kids because that’s where it all starts tell him get hooked on fishing not on drugs I for one was very happy to help you out with all the Seahorse information and all the video that you took when you came here that day anytime you need something just reach out brother this club is right there to be of service
On a sidenote I would really like that gorgonian can we talk