• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Chalice Problem

I will see if I can find the article for you. It was a while ago I read it so its most likely a long shot I'll find it.

Thanks ldb,

As an update: I have my alk to between 150-160ppm now, and it has been there for probably about 5 days or so. The chalice was still receeding. Nate over at ocean gallery II generously offered to trim off the dead parts with the band saw, so I brought it over there today, and he trimmed it up for me. He did a great job, and we will see if the condition improves.

As it stands, here is what I have done (for future reference):
Lowered my ALK maintenance level to a value around 160ppm or (160x0.056=9.0 dKH +/-)
lowered my vodka dose to the prescribed maintence dose (1/2 of the highest dose you can reach in the system)
Had the dead parts of the chalice trimmed off (Thanks Nate, for trimming, and Darren-for the offer).

I will keep you all updated.

I was unable to find the article but I pretty much summed it up in my post. Hopefully you get the gust. If not feel free to shoot me a pm or ask it here so others can gain aswell. Good luck, it is a bummer sometimes when you start to lose a piece and all you can do it cut it Up and hope it recovers. Especially when it's a slower grower (like man chalices are).