• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Conversion to 180g

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well,

After a long 4 days of work, we successfully emptied out, sold and got rid of our 120g, moved in and plumbed the new 180g, aquascaped and put in sand, and finally moved in the livestock. The process started Saturday night after the meeting (Oh yeah, I was in good shape for that) and finished up last night. The dust has settled enough to get a few pics. They're not the best, because I took them and Phyl is the photographer of the family, but at least you can get an idea of where we are.

It looks so "young" to me! I can't wait until everything purples up and fills in.

Full Tank
180_Pic1.jpg

Left Side
180_Left.jpg

Right Side
180_Right.jpg

We still need to stain the new canopy and move the lights from the old one to the new one.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice. I love the look of the longer tank.
Hows everything doing? Any loss in the move?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So far everyone seems to be doing well. Fortunately, we had the 125g on line before we started so we were able to move a lot stuff there and take our time setting this one up. I hesitate to say this, but we haven't loss anything yet. <<<<fish gods, jinx proof this post please>>>>

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
panmanmatt said:
Did you get all the returns working right?

Yeah, sort of. I replaced those down spouts with new ones that have ball valves at the bottom. I was able to restrict the flow to them so that we got a good amount of flow all around.

That reminds me, A HUGE TON of thanks to Matt, Mike and Brian for their help moving the tank into place!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
panmanmatt said:
Did you get all the returns working right?

Yeah, sort of. I replaced those down spouts with new ones that have ball valves at the bottom. I was able to restrict the flow to them so that we got a good amount of flow all around.

That reminds me, A HUGE TON of thanks to Matt, Mike and Brian for their help moving the tank into place!

Glad you kinda got it worked out. I was wondering how you weer gonna solve that small dilema.

It was my pleasure helping get that thing in place. Thanks to you and Phyl for the pizza and beers. ;)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There's a nice 220 combo on RC, Bill. I say you go for that. I haven't seen the tank but I can tell you that the canopy and stand are in great shape!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Billy's going to be looking to shed his tank soon, Bill. Now's your chance. It's going to sell for a *great* price.

I don't have any progress pics handy right now. I'll see what I can come up with.

Looks great, nice start and your deffently a Champ at 4days to look so well. Cant wait to see it grow and fill in more...I like the pluming set upas well

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well the ol' rock rubble wall had worn me out and I was ready for a change. We fell in love with Marco Rock at the swap and committed at that time to replace all of our rock with it. We spent about 8 weeks curing the rock and then slowly added it to our system, where it has been for another month or so. This week was gut check time.

Here's the tank before we tore it apart:

dsc_0772.jpg

The teardown started at 8pm with a rock building exercise on a table downstairs where we could see the design before it hit the water. After we were happy with that, all the coral got pulled from the tank (some of it auto-fragged during the transition). Next went the rock and after that we started rebuilding. 6 hours later we were ready for a break. There are quite a few corals still in the holding cell downstairs. Not sure how many more will make it upstairs, but it is still a work in progress. As suspected, there will be frags of LOTS for the meeting in February.

Here are the current pictures:

dsc_0971.jpg

dsc_0973.jpg

dsc_0974.jpg

dsc_0975.jpg

The pictures don't give the valleys and caves justice.