• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Corals.. Call me a newb but..

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anthonyjiz said:
I guess you guys are right.. I think I'm just gonna stick to polyps, anemones, and shrooms for the most part.. Thanks alot for all the help though!
Im a newb to this {tank set up 4th july 09} the one thing my good friend told me was not to rush into this.. learn as mush as you can and start of small.. soon as my refugium is set up for a few months im going to start looking in to corals...

The_Codfather said:
Anthonyjiz said:
I guess you guys are right.. I think I'm just gonna stick to polyps, anemones, and shrooms for the most part.. Thanks alot for all the help though!
Im a newb to this {tank set up 4th july 09} the one thing my good friend told me was not to rush into this.. learn as mush as you can and start of small.. soon as my refugium is set up for a few months im going to start looking in to corals...

Good advice and lesson well learned.

I've had my 2nd tank set up for 5 months and I'm still tweeking little problems which caused the salinity to fluctuate. If I had expensive corals in there its a good chance I would have lost them and that's heartbreaking. also one of the reasons some people give up.

Having a big flow should not make a difference in any of my parameters, will it? I'm gonna have a Koralia 3 on it.. The tank will either me a 29g or a 30breeder...

too much flow could tick off some corals, but wont mess up water parrameters. I am facing that with my acans i think I just shut down one of my k3's to see if that helps. I think a 3 will be to big for your tank

Yeah, i'm having second thoughts about just returning it and trying to get a 2, or maybe someone on the forum can trade me... The big scare I have no is about the size of my tank.. I don't know if I will be keeping this 29gallon or getting a 30breeder!