• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Craziest/most expensive reef purchase 2023

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey all. We all know that this ain't a cheap hobby. I want to know what was the craziest or most expensive thing you purchased this year (2023 only). Actually, let's move it back to starting from November 2022 since black Friday definitely made a lot of us buy stuff we don't really need. It can be coral, fish, or equipment.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Only thing that comes to mind are my new lights but weren't that expensive.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey all. We all know that this ain't a cheap hobby. I want to know what was the craziest or most expensive thing you purchased this year (2023 only). Actually, let's move it back to starting from November 2022 since black Friday definitely made a lot of us buy stuff we don't really need. It can be coral, fish, or equipment.

What the hell. Are you wearing a wire ?? Did my wife set you up? Don’t ask me what I spend on my tanks. I feel like this is a setup. Lol all frags are $10

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
What the hell. Are you wearing a wire ?? Did my wife set you up? Don’t ask me what I spend on my tanks. I feel like this is a setup. Lol all frags are $10
You have receipts to prove it? If not don't let your wife see the bank statement.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
$10 each or 3 for $500 for ltd ed pieces ?

"No no honey, the guy was just giving all the coral away for free. He doesn't want it anymore"

Meanwhile in my closet at home, wife pulls out something with a tag on it... yet every single time "oh I got this last summer just never wore it"

:hopelessness:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
A new tank. Which requires a new 60” sump when then requires me to cut my wall and put in headers so I I put the tank in the wall .

Just went I thought I was getting out. It pulls me back in

Reactions: DEL

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Not a purchase, but an upgrade.
Had one of my Radion G3s blow and it was unfixable, so they offered me an upgrade to the G6.
I said that I was too anally retentive to have a G3 over one side and a G6 over the other, so they offered to upgrade both.
Thats mine for the year I think. Added a few new sticks and just letting things settle.

Not a purchase, but an upgrade.
Had one of my Radion G3s blow and it was unfixable, so they offered me an upgrade to the G6.
I said that I was too anally retentive to have a G3 over one side and a G6 over the other, so they offered to upgrade both.
Thats mine for the year I think. Added a few new sticks and just letting things settle.
That's got to be some good spread

This wasn't the most expensive but it's probably the dumbest thing I'm gonna buy this year.

Sun coral. This is day three of trying to get it to open

Attachments

• D2A641C9-E2AC-4C91-A547-118ABC00C04C.jpeg
    D2A641C9-E2AC-4C91-A547-118ABC00C04C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This wasn't the most expensive but it's probably the dumbest thing I'm gonna buy this year.

Sun coral. This is day three of trying to get it to open
Train it. Keep squirting food when lights are on