• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DC Pumps:Diablo or Waveline????

I'm looking to switch to a DC return pump and I'm thinking the waveline 12000 or the diablo 10500.

Any input would be helpful.

I have a 140g rr tank with the sump in the stand and I want to build a manifold to eliminate all the extra pumps in the sump.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Jebao DC12000, buy two and still save some money.

I'm running the DC6000 and I love it, been running for about 2 months straight and not a single hiccup so far.

I saw a thread on r2r that said the diablo and the jebao were the same pump just different colors but the specs were better for the diablo.

They're from the same OEM, so basically the same. Get the Waveline now at Premium Aquatics for 20% off, ends tomorrow 20th! Code: Waveline20

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Anyone using these with significant head pressure?

The two downsides to DC pumps at the moment are not a lot of head pressure and non standard plumbing. Obviously the plumbing part is very easy to overcome, just can be a touch annoying. I think if you are sump in stand, the DC makes sense, but if you are in a basement (like me) the head loss is just too much to handle for the pumps at the moment.

The two downsides to DC pumps at the moment are not a lot of head pressure and non standard plumbing. Obviously the plumbing part is very easy to overcome, just can be a touch annoying. I think if you are sump in stand, the DC makes sense, but if you are in a basement (like me) the head loss is just too much to handle for the pumps at the moment.

The Jebao 12000 is rated to 6 meters (18+ft), but somehow I don't think they will do the job with high head. I guess when they are out there for a while, the jury will decide. I love the idea of controllable flow with lower watts. Especially at the price point.

I'm going to go wither the Diablo. And my reasons are.....
After looking at the specs on the waveline, Diablo, and jebao I like the way the diablo performs the best for my specific needs. I am a ro fan and have always used their skimmers. I also got a nice discount on the Diablo from an online vendor.

just read on reef central that they will be coming out with a new version of the diablo dc pump in april and the current model will be discontinued. They said that the diablo is just a rebranded jebao pump with the same exact specs as the jebao. The new pump will not be a rebranded pump and will be made by reef octopus. Based on their statement that the diablo is just a rebranded jebao I would go with the jebao to save money.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I just looked up the thread on RC.
just read on reef central that they will be coming out with a new version of the diablo dc pump in april and the current model will be discontinued. They said that the diablo is just a rebranded jebao pump with the same exact specs as the jebao. The new pump will not be a rebranded pump and will be made by reef octopus. Based on their statement that the diablo is just a rebranded jebao I would go with the jebao to save money.

I haven't been able find any info on the flow curve at specific heads and that's the main reason I haven't switched to the Jebao for a return pump. I need to know flow info.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I haven't been able find any info on the flow curve at specific heads and that's the main reason I haven't switched to the Jebao for a return pump. I need to know flow info.

Jebao's three DC pump's head loss:

JebaoHeadLoss_zps714dca32.jpg