• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Do you feed your polyps? LPS? SPS? What type of food?

I would like to grow the Acan's and Favia's.'

Anyone in NJ successfully feed these two types of corals and aid in the growth?
What do you feed them?

Mysis only?

Its so easy to be misguided in this hobby. I have purchased commercially produced products and made my own fish food but I dont think either has worked for me. Acans dont grow.

My acans grow great, multiple new heads a month, and I have only ever feed the mysis. They might get a pellet from when I feed the fish but not often. I have also went months without directly feeding them and they still grew no problem, just not as fast. If you acans are not growing at all I would look at other issues, not just the feeding.

The growth is minimal, like baby sprouts after many many months.

I will target feed with mysis instead of all this stuff I purchased.

My acans grow great, multiple new heads a month, and I have only ever feed the mysis. They might get a pellet from when I feed the fish but not often. I have also went months without directly feeding them and they still grew no problem, just not as fast. If you acans are not growing at all I would look at other issues, not just the feeding.

For SPS and smaller mouthed LPS, I used to make a cocktail using: Reef Roids, Reef Chili, re-hydrated in some Oyster Feast, along with a cube of Cyclop-eeze. Initially I would target feed, and then turn on the circulating pumps for about an hour before turning on the return pumps. The larger LPS would be target fed with a mix of PE and Hikari mysis, and whatever NLS pellets came their way.