• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ds4x4's Marineland 120 Re-Build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Until your ammonia and nitrites settle down to zero, you are going to have those high levels as everything is passed down the chain so to speak.

Until your ammonia and nitrites settle down to zero, you are going to have those high levels as everything is passed down the chain so to speak.

Yea I guess I was just a little thrown by the high Nitrates while it still seems to be in the Nitrite phase.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Aquascape thanks to Sharky Loyd Wright

DSC_9573.jpg

DSC_9577-2.jpg

its looking like a calcium reactor is getting added to the list for this tank after ive done some helpful reading on the reactor/kalk/dosing subject

I know one thing seems like these filter bags plug up almost immediatly .

Got a bigger size (7in) but smaller micron filter bag, amazing difference in water clarity. Cycle has ended, nitrite now at 0 same with nitrates and Ph is at 8. Looking to move some stuff from the nano over today and go from there.. I do have to get new bulbs very soon

Fair warning to everyone following this, mag float pads can get hard enough with time to scratch glass. found this out the hard way. i visited four lfs and noone had magfloat replacement pads so i went ahead and bought a aqueon magflip. it worknok i guess the pad side doesnt seem to work worth a crap but it doesnt scratch the glass.

pics tomorrow ofnthe sweet acro from mfisher (raffle win) also the lepastrea. hoping to get that nano down in a daybor two.