• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fairy Wrasse under the weather?

Jamie S

NJRC Member
If you go to ACC ask them for advice. I know that if your fish is not eating that is a bad sign.
ACC was closed today so couldn’t ask them. Ended up going to an another aquarium store to get the prazipro and treated the tank. She’s moving around a little more and I think she may have eaten a little but still stays under the rocks.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Fairy wrasses are generally pretty shy. I wouldn't worry about her hiding after such a stressful event. Give it a little time. Keep feeding and try to make no movements when you do so you can see if she comes out or not
I’ll give it time. Hopefully she’ll get better soon. Thanks for the info

Jamie S

NJRC Member
She seemed to be doing better yesterday I even found her in the upper rockwork at one point. Then tragedy struck this morning when my daughter let out a scream when she went into the tank. The wrasse has jumped out and was on the floor barely breathing. We decided that she had enough and put her out of her misery. In hindsight, I probably should have just monitored and not rushed to the freshwater dip. Lessons learned.

She seemed to be doing better yesterday I even found her in the upper rockwork at one point. Then tragedy struck this morning when my daughter let out a scream when she went into the tank. The wrasse has jumped out and was on the floor barely breathing. We decided that she had enough and put her out of her misery. In hindsight, I probably should have just monitored and not rushed to the freshwater dip. Lessons learned.
Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you. I was just thinking of adding a cover to my tank in case something like that happened.