• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February Meeeting - Hammonton, NJ

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you are not sure you want to attend a meeting, here's another enticement to come and join a meeting in South Jersey.

For the coral raffles, I will be emptying the contents of my tank to bring to Hammonton. All my corals are being donated to the group, while my tank system takes a short term shutdown.

Green Torch - 20 heads. 12 inches across
Hydnophoria on rock. 16 inches across
Pink Birdsnest - 6 inches x 8 inches.
Red, Green and Purple cap.
Frogspawn - 9 heads - 10 incles long.
Green slimer
Closed Brain
Gallaxis
Tons and Tons of Pom-Pomp Xenia

So for the small cost of raffle tickets as a donation to the group ....

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Wow that is great of you to do Phil. I'll be putting in for some xenia for sure. Sorry to see that you have to take a break.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phil, as I said in the PM, sad to see you taking a break....but you gotta do what you gotta do! I will definitely be putting in for tickets and if I am lucky to win, please just consider it a grow-out to restock your tank when you ready to get back in.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
redfishbluefish said:
Phil, as I said in the PM, sad to see you taking a break....but you gotta do what you gotta do! I will definitely be putting in for tickets and if I am lucky to win, please just consider it a grow-out to restock your tank when you ready to get back in.

I will be bringing your cardinals (if I can catch them).

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If someone wants to bring "cutting supplies", some of the Cap is so big, it can be cut up into 8-10 pieces. There are a few SPS that can be cut into 4 or 6 and still have 2-3 inches to play with.

The Torch is 22 heads on 6 main branches.

Even if we decide to plan just give some away, I ask that you buy raffle tickets anyway for the betterment of the club.

For those questioning why I am not selling them. I didn't get into this hobby to make money, I met and will continue to meet some great people here. 95% of all my corals either came from a raffle or was given to me by another member, this is my return back to the club. This is just a temporary shutdown and I am not leaving the community/club.

Most of the corals are attached to the main rock, so I will have to bring them in buckets, people can decide if they want to take it on the rock or chance themselves trying to break it away. If anyone has a small 10 gallons tank they can bring to put this out for display and to keep them warm, it will help.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks a bunch, Phil. It is amazing of you to do this for the club, the community and your fellow reefers. A true testimony to your character and a shining beacon of light for the "pay it forward" ideal.

Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do, for the club.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Phil, Now I have to bring a newbie ;D I can win Closed Brain,Red, Green and Purple cap and Pink Birdnest.
Daniel

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Thanks a bunch, Phil. It is amazing of you to do this for the club, the community and your fellow reefers. A true testimony to your character and a shining beacon of light for the "pay it forward" ideal.

I absolutely agree 110%

WOW that is super that u will do that i love it when i can trade/give frags away.the pay it forward helps to try in a tiny tiny way 2 maybe keep a few more corals in the ocean.if it was not so far i would def.show up but 2.5 hour drive 1 way.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Car pool! Makes it so much easier. I know folks are coming down from up that way. Hop a ride!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Why is it that more people will drive 2-3 hrs to go to north meetings, but nobody wants to come south the same timeframe?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tazmaniancowboy said:
Why is it that more people will drive 2-3 hrs to go to north meetings, but nobody wants to come south the same timeframe?

Because of all the snow you guys get down south! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Phyl said:

+ 1

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the meeting. My fiance may have to work during the day and we have dinner reservations for 7:00 PM that night, so I may end up coming alone for just a few hours.

If I do end up coming, I'll also bring a small rock with some beautiful pink creeping xenia to donate to the raffle. I got some as a gift after my first meeting and it started spreading, so I'd be happy to spread the love with this piece.

PS: Phil, this is a great thing you are doing. The last meeting I went to was at your house and it was a great learning experience for me as a new reefer. I wouldn't feel right if I missed you saying goodbye to your entire tank. :'(