• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fell off the face of the earth

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Life is finally starting to get back to normal around here. As many of you know my family volunteers at a camp in NY state every summer. Doug couldn't take off of work this year so the kids and I went alone. He came up to take me out to dinner after work on a Friday night and ended up spending the night. He was in a room with a bunk bed, had the top bunk, and got up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom. He fell while climbing down the rung, landed on the cement floor and broke his back. We are so thankful that he was not paralyzed, and can still walk. Praise the Lord!! He was out of work on disability for more than two months and just started physical therapy this week. He is now 3/4 or an inch shorter than he was. :rolleyes:

Since he was not allowed to do anything for a very long time, the work all fell on me and the two kids still at home. So, anything extra was dropped, hence, no time to be on this site. :eek:

He can still only lift 10-15 pounds and is supposed to go through 8 weeks of physical therapy.

Our daughter had a baby on October 19th. James Harper Janho has joined the Tremper clan. :sentimental: He is adorable and healthy. And Nana and Grandpa are very proud. And Grandpa can even hold him. :smile:

Hope to be able to make meetings again soon. And at some point I need to clear out a bunch of fish related supplies, so, I hope to get a list together soon. Getting rid of a bunch of things that are just lying around.

Erna

malulu

NJRC Member
Hi, Erna,

welcome home...

sorry to hear that Doug was shorter.. (you are too funny!!!)
and glad he is able to hold BABY!! yeah!!!

let us know if you need anything/help from us.
:)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for Doug. Good to hear from you Erna, thank you for the update.

Best wishes for you and your family and congrats for the new member of your family...babies are a bless from heaven, pretty soon I'll be blessed for the second time.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Erna, glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry to hear about Doug…but it sounds like he is on the mend. Congrats on the new addition.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for checking in Erna. A few of us were actually asking where you've been at the last meeting since you and Doug are usually at them. Guess we now know why.

Congrats on the grandson and glad to hear Doug is OK even if he is a bit shorter, lol. Sounds like it could have been much more serious so thankfully he's recovering.

Hope to see you guys soon!

Welcome back Erna!
Congratulations on the new addition to the family, that is wonderful news!
Tell Doug for me that I am glad he is recovering. 3/4" lost is too bad, but thank goodness that he will be walking again soon.

How is my old tank treating you? God do I MISS THAT TANK a LOT! Sorry about the fall but you are right looking at it as a good thing he made it out being ok overall. It could have been much worse!