• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fresh Air exchanger helps low PH

I haven't checked since the Ph rose lasnite, but I try and maintain cal at 430ppm and alk at 9-10dkh.

Full canopy with 3ea. 175watt MH and 4ea. 96watt PC's with 3ea. 4 inch fans on the back and vents on the ends. BTW its a 125 long.

All ATO runs through Kalk Stirrer. Even put the ATO on a timer to try and raise Ph, it would spike then plummet. And of course ALK dosing made matters worse. So I just tried to maintain parameters till I resolve the co2 issue in the house. If the Ph dropped too far, I would manualy raise it with fresh kalk as needed. But you can only do too much then the salinity would drop. Oh, and evap has been about < 2 gallons a day. Our house use to be very dry. The tank solved that.

I am sure that once I put the ERV in, the Ph will climb further.

The simply way to figure out if CO2 is causing your low pH is to bubble some tank water in a glass for an hour with an airstone.
If that pH ends up higher than your tank's, you have too much CO2 in your water and could use better air exchange.

M.

When I was in Utah, most of the club members had airlines ran to their skimmers through a cracked window.

stcreef said:
Last house on final to McGuire AFB runway 6/24 from the north.... ;D ...... Cookstown

I know that place! I'm up on Falcon's Court North.

vangvace said:
When I was in Utah, most of the club members had airlines ran to their skimmers through a cracked window.

stcreef said:
Last house on final to McGuire AFB runway 6/24 from the north.... ;D ...... Cookstown

I know that place! I'm up on Falcon's Court North.
Sorry, I got blind :) - Your pH acutally dropped indoors when doing that? I'd expect it to rise no matter what, unless you have a ton of CO2 in the air.

MauroD said:
Sorry, I got blind :) - Your pH acutally dropped indoors when doing that? I'd expect it to rise no matter what, unless you have a ton of CO2 in the air.

Read up at the beginning of the thread. 3000ppm indoors. Outside measures ~300ppm.