• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS - AI Sol Super Blue and Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little horse trading and picked up a BNIB 6 tube 48" TEK T-5 fixture. I have a 6" tank, so I had to come up with a solution to make up the additional 12" of space on each end. I wanted to use my existing LED's, and thought I would use the AI on one end and buy another for the other end. I decided to try and use a combination of my Ecoxotic Panorama 50/50 and a few stunner strips/refectors I had. So this is what I came up with:

T-5-LEDRetro.jpg

ATI T-5 Lamps:
3 Blue Plus
2 Aqua Blue Special
1 Coral Plus

Ecoxotic
Panorama - 50/50 8,000K/453nm Blue
Stunners - Blue, Royal Blue, Magenta

Jim! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

I was just looking at my tank I'm running 5 blue plus + 1 fiji pink and I think I want to add LED supplementation, but coulnd't figure out how to add the led strips. Can you snap some pictures of the way you hung those??? Maybe a thread of building your hybrid system? If I'm ever down at my office near Mt Laurel I'm coming over!! :)

Jim! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

I was just looking at my tank I'm running 5 blue plus + 1 fiji pink and I think I want to add LED supplementation, but coulnd't figure out how to add the led strips. Can you snap some pictures of the way you hung those??? Maybe a thread of building your hybrid system? If I'm ever down at my office near Mt Laurel I'm coming over!! :)

You're welcome to come over any time, just give me a heads up. As far as mounting the stunners, I just added a few extra 1 x 2's in the lid, and screwed them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.