• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fuge light

Anyone using leds for a fuge light? If so which one? Is your cheato growing with the leds? I need to set up a fuge in my sump for my lps tank.

Thanks

I tried the rio led light for my RSM 130D to grow cheato, the cheato did not take to the daylight bulb at all.

I am using LED but having zero luck getting Chaeto to grow. It lives for about 6 to 8 weeks and then dies off. Looking to change to something else

kevin

NJRC Member
I've had the Rio Mini Sun Moonlight Daylight LED on my fuge for over 2months now with minimal if any growth. I also just noticed the light has been producing WAY less light from when I first got it.

I just got a JBJ Nano Glow LED refugium light yesterday. This thing is BRIGHT. I have a very tiny refug & this light is more of a direct straight light. It's definetly an expensive option & you can make something for much less.

here is a terrible picture of it jbj nano:
IMAG0399.jpg

JBJ-Nano-Glo-4-LED-Magnetic-Refugium-Light-99.jpg

Last edited:

malulu

NJRC Member
7w * 24hours = 168w
0.168 kw * $ 0.2 per kw = 0.0336 cost per day
0.0336 cost per day * 365 = $ 12.264 annually
$12.264 annually / 12 month = $1 per month

so, the extra 7w save you $1 per month, is the price of LED really worth it?