• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Full Tank Shot

Which schedule do you guys like? Just sharing.

• White Lights.

• Blue Lights.

• Light it with fire and get some acros in there.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally caught a full tank shot I'm not too embarrassed to share. Both of their merits.. but as a softie tank, it's kind of destined to be pretty monochromatic. What do you guys like? I'm leaning towards white.

pic20210114173211.jpg

Never could achieve the color I wanted though. Aiming for those rich af reds like this guy. If y'all know the secret, please share.
d44b5a10c85448fe2168ddf524c6fb60 (1).jpg

Great tank.
I recommend white and blue during the day followed by blues only in the evening so you can enjoy the colors and the florescence at night. If your controls allow.

If you place a white or grey card in the tank and use it to set the white balance, the pictures will look more like what you see. Not all cameras can do this. Purple plus t5 bulbs also have more red in them and might also work.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Great tank.
I recommend white and blue during the day followed by blues only in the evening so you can enjoy the colors and the florescence at night. If your controls allow.

If you place a white or grey card in the tank and use it to set the white balance, the pictures will look more like what you see. Not all cameras can do this. Purple plus t5 bulbs also have more red in them and might also work.
That is what I just did with additional light.

Looks like the comments are leaning towards white light, which is my preference too. But the votes is coming out with Blue light ahead.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
top pic. looks more natural.

Bottom tank may look different because it's a see through and the light might difuse different. I do remember seeing another softie tank that had the same color and I think it was primarily done with Fiji Purple T'5's?

Bottom tank may look different because it's a see through and the light might difuse different. I do remember seeing another softie tank that had the same color and I think it was primarily done with Fiji Purple T'5's?

Interesting. I have the Giesemann Super Purple, I wonder how that compares.. I'm going to end up with a pile of random bulbs trying to figure it out haha.