• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Game Changer Crossflow Water Movement Device Coming out from Maxspect.

Interesting but yeah, like John said, dead spots on opposite side. Unless you buy 2 and put one on each end. That should create a pretty random flow

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Tell him to bring one to the swap, I would love to see one in action.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".

Im concerned about this statement!!!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
This is what makes this thing different. Should be interesting to see the price.

A)
Virtually no dead spots
B) Evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium
C) Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I agree with John on this. I've also seen this type of water movement with propeller driven powerheads. I see no real game changing innovation. I do like the sleek look but, i'll still take a WP25 over this any day. knowing CoralVue prices, these won't be that pocket friendly.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That actually looks pretty impressive!

If they ever come out with a model that I could control via my reef angel, controller, I might have to get one.