• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Guy is ripping me off for a skimmer on ebay but posting for sale items on RC?

Re: Guy is ripping me off for a skimmer on ebay but posting for sale items on RC

I'm a big scary guy. i work with some guys who "know people" if you catch my meaning. we'll just drive by in black caddies until he wisens up.

j/k
best of luck with it. I had a similar issue with a bass amp years ago. paypal solved it, but it took a while.

If you filed with paypal you will get your money back, especially if he is confirmed. If he doesn't answer the complaint then he is automatically in default and paypal will rule in your favor. Just make sure that he is confirmed with paypal.

lithivm said:
Hey that guys only has 7 sales and feedback is 81%.... you should always buy from buyers that have over 95% positive feedback and at least 100 feedback.

Not to be off topic here. But I disagree with what you've just posted here. I sell stuff on ebay on occasion and I have a total of 12 sales but all with 100% positive feedback. If you only buy items from super-sellers then how are honest people supposed to resale anything for a decent amount that they have laying around?

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Re: Guy is ripping me off for a skimmer on ebay but posting for sale items on RC

Notta. I filed with Paypal and they give him 10 days to respond. I've been seeing him on reef central often enough, and apparently another guy there filed with paypal and got his refund, but I still haven't even heard a peep from the dude. I even wrote him the other day to ask why he was making it go down like this. Nadda.

I'm guessing nothing will ever happen with it...and I just need to start looking for a skimmer again.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's terrible, Hopefully Pay Pal can get your $$ back. If it's not over 30 days you shouldn't have a problem.

Subliminal

NJRC Member

Finally resolved:

Email from PayPal said:
Dear Damon M.,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $56.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

Subliminal

NJRC Member

Still kind of pissed off how it all went down, and quite honestly, I just don't understand it.

What the hell is he going to do with that skimmer now?

If I see it on Craig's List, eBay, Manhattan Reefers or Reef Central, I'm not going to let him get away with selling it.

I dunno.

My new skimmer should be here today, though. I got a Super Skimmer (needle wheel 65g).

My nitrates have been pretty terrible lately (actually registering...ugh) so hopefully that and the chaeto I bought will help.

Looks like you got a better skimmer in the long run

I say run his name into the dirt anytime you see it

And then let us know and we will follow up as well

And then we can do to his house and toilet paper it! :)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm glad this worked out for you! For the life of me, I don't understand people like that. Why bother??