• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hair Algae Growing

Well just got done doing a 30G water on my 55G. Took 15G from my 55G and another 15G from my 20G long sump. Also did some scrabbing on the rocks to get rid of some hair algae while i did my water change. Lets hope i dont get that much hair algae back again 

howze01

NJRC Member
That $25 RO/DI system is still available! Do it!!! It won't solve the problem but it will help and for $25 what do you have to lose? It even comes with extra carbon and sediment filters!

That $25 RO/DI system is still available! Do it!!! It won't solve the problem but it will help and for $25 what do you have to lose? It even comes with extra carbon and sediment filters!

Alright J you got me...i just texted you dude texts me back a.s.a.p cant let that price go to waste.

a 10% water change is the bare minimum in my opinion. The more you can do/ afford the better off you will be in the long run.

I also think blue legged hermits are more harmful than helpful. They are cheap though compared with scarlet hermits - which are supposedly the ideal hermit (less incidental destruction).

Although regardless of hermit/snail species they all eventually fall prey to my jawfish who uses their shells to line the entrance to his/her burrow. :p

a 10% water change is the bare minimum in my opinion. The more you can do/ afford the better off you will be in the long run.

I also think blue legged hermits are more harmful than helpful. They are cheap though compared with scarlet hermits - which are supposedly the ideal hermit (less incidental destruction).

Although regardless of hermit/snail species they all eventually fall prey to my jawfish who uses their shells to line the entrance to his/her burrow. :p

Lol bluespotted jawfish?