• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A little fun with my kids.
My youngest son (2nd grade) has been trying to catch "Lucky the leprechaun" since he was in kindergarten. Our school had this fun project for the kids to design and set a trap to catch the mischievous leprechaun that wreaks havoc in their classroom every year!* His trap is getting more elaborate every year and he is determined to catch one, he even made a bed so the leprechaun would be comfortable until we found him.......Well it didn't happen this year.* That slick leprechaun triggered the trap by stealing the gold bait AFTER he pushed his way out of the trap (leaving hand prints) and put dye in the toilet tank so the water in the bowl turned green during the first flush. The scream this morning was priceless, "that little guy is so hard to catch and I can't believe what he did to our toilet!"

Our leprechaun is not just about mischief though.* He was kind enough to leave us green bagels, green pancakes, green scrambled eggs and green milk for breakfast.* I love playing these fantasy jokes on the kids!!!:cool:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don, I’m loving it! I also like the toilet trick.

Being of Irish heritage we use to do similar “green” things for the kids when they were young. They would expect it on Saint Patrick’s Day, and run around the house until they could find the items that the leprechaun had turned green. I can remember one year my wife painted my toenails green. Kids got a kick out of that one.

We spent a good part of the day at an Irish Pub testing a wee bit of the Guinness. So I will end this post with an Irish toast: May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you’re dead.

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I started making them green foods for breakfast 2 years ago and they really looked forward to it. The school started the traps and each of my kids had to make one when they were in that grade as an assignment. None of them had to make a trap this year because they're all past that grade, but my youngest made one anyway and before I knew it they all made one. I saw that they were so into it that I figured I'd play along a little. It was fun, I never thought about the possibilities and fun that can be had for this holiday. They are still young so I will go all out next year and use some of your ideas to add to the excitement. Thanks for sharing Paul!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Haha, that's great Don! Sounds like you had as much fun as the kids today. The dye in the toilet was priceless.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have to remember the green water in the toilet. Nice!!

I went to the grocery store to get more food coloring to do this, but they were out! I was so mad, but as I continued through the store, I found green clothing dye! I didn't want it to be a one flush deal because I have 4 kids so I took an old pill bottle, put a hole in the top and two on the sides, poured the die in and dropped it in the tank. I did not flush it, I wanted the "magic" to happen. The water in the bowl remained clear until the first flush! That kid screamed and ran to get the rest to show them what happened. The dye lasted until after dinner and now we are back to clear flushes. It couldn't have been better.