• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Harlequin Shrimp in the Area?

tylr9m482

NJRC Member
Hi Guys,

New here to NJRC and I was wondering if anyone in the area has a Harlequin Shrimp that needs temporary re-homing? I have a bit of an asterina starfish problem. I hear that these nuisance starfish have been caught eating corals, especially zoas, which I am in the process of creating a "high end" zoa garden and I do not need little starfish eating up my zoas!

I've heard in some communities people will pass around a Harlequin shrimp to other reefers in need. I found one for sale at Sea Level Aquarium but I am afraid if I purchase one from a store, the shrimp will die once I run out of starfish in my tank.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

tylr9m482

NJRC Member
I'll let you know but right now not getting much response on here or reef2reef. Gonna let it marinate for another week or so and then if still nothing I might just buy from a store.

tylr9m482

NJRC Member
Just found these starfish on top of two zoa frags. No one in the area has one? If not I am going to start calling LFS in the area to try and find one. Please let me know if you or someone you know has one of these shrimp.